Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: New Champion inverter generator
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> New Champion inverter generator

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/11/18 08:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RedRocket204 wrote:

Curious if this new Champion 2000-W Inverter Gen will have high altitude jets available for it as that was not the case for the original Champion 2000-W Inverter Gens.

Due to my interest in this gen, I've been doing some reading about it. I have read that no H/A jet is available, but performance at H/A can be improved by removing the air filter. It seems only the larger Champion models do have the H/A jets available.

Hoping to see some discounting on the 306, after they become much more available to the many Champion distributors.

Jerry

RedRocket204

Colorado mountains - Got trail?

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/18 08:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MFL wrote:

RedRocket204 wrote:

Curious if this new Champion 2000-W Inverter Gen will have high altitude jets available for it as that was not the case for the original Champion 2000-W Inverter Gens.

Due to my interest in this gen, I've been doing some reading about it. I have read that no H/A jet is available, but performance at H/A can be improved by removing the air filter. It seems only the larger Champion models do have the H/A jets available.

Hoping to see some discounting on the 306, after they become much more available to the many Champion distributors.

Jerry

Yes, only the larger Champion Inverter Gens have had H/A jets available. Was certainly curious about this one but there is actually a question posed on that early link where it was speculated no H/A jet would be available for this new 2000W gen.

I do have two of the original Champion 2000W "cube" Inverter Gens w/ parallel kit and it is recommended by Champion to drill holes in the air filter cover and slightly shorten the plug gap to help lessen the H/A effects, details are on their website. I personally wouldn't remove the air filter but then again, when I'm boondocking, if I'm running my gen(s) it's on dirt and there is usually at least a slight breeze.

I suppose my best "financially reasonable" alternative would be to look into the dual-fuel 3500W Champion and sell the setup I have now.

I love me some land yachting

rjsurfer

North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/11/18 11:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can I parallel a Honda 2000 and the 2200?

Ron W.

03 Dodge 2500 SRW,SB,EC
2018 Keystone 25RES
DRZ-400SM
DL-650

MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/18 12:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Should be no problem
People have paralleled a 1000 with a 2000

Radiate The Happy

Connected using Verizon and AT&T
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

SoundGuy

S Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/18 12:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rjsurfer wrote:

Can I parallel a Honda 2000 and the 2200?

Ignore MrWizard and follow Honda's official advice ... successfully paralleling an EU2000i to an EU2200i depends on the serial numbers. [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> New Champion inverter generator
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS