Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: May be about to move from a fiver to a TT
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> May be about to move from a fiver to a TT

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/06/18 04:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have had a 2006 Titanium fiver and as you may imagine it is getting worn down after probably traveling to most states and some of Canada over the years. We went out to look at CW 'big 2018 models" sale today and all the ones in their internet advert that interested us, were gone. We did see one interesting TT tho in our price range.

We left there and were passing another RV place and we pulled in to see what they have. What they had was a 2016 25Y Arctic Fox for a great price, roughly half of the new list price. It even has a Folbot strapped to the side, LOL. The salespeople had no idea what they had since Arctic Foxes are very rare down here. There isn't even a distributor in the State nor any neighboring states from the last time I checked.

I always wanted one, we would like to boondock more and this TT seems to fit the bill, it even has: a "Northwood Built, Independently Certified, Off-Road Chassis". Which would open up some backcountry camping.

Anyway if anyone has any comments about this unit or Artic Foxes in general I'd like to hear them. My introduction to them was the guy in the next site at Fishing Bridge who had one, gave us the penny tour and waxed long about their great features. He also tried to sell me m on Ram Trucks but I didn't want a truck that sounded like a Patton Tank...heh

Glendale Titanium 29E34TS fifth wheel
2012 Ford F-350 4WD Lariat 6.7L
PullRite OE Series Super5th 18K
Superbumper

2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 10/06/18 04:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow.. 10 pages of AF in search.

lhenry8113

Cypress or Lake Arrowhead, Ca.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/06/18 05:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have owned 2 Arctic Fox 5'vrs. They are built by Northwood Mfg. in La Grande, Or. They make their own trailer and camper-come with shocks on each wheel-ours had a 10 gal water heater. They are built as a 4 seasons camper. The 5'vr in our Sig. Pic. has about 35-40,000 miles on it. The Company is just a call away for any problems and always seemed ready to help anytime I called. If I were to buy another trailer Arctic Fox would be at the top of a very short list.

04 F250,CC, 4x4, Dsl., LgBd, XLT, SuperDuty, Cmpr Pkg, Off Rd Pkg

07 Arctic Fox 29 5T
Toad Riv B.C.
17 Chev/CLS C F.R. Forester 2251 SLE

A Positive Attitude May Not Solve All Your Problems But It Will Annoy Enough People To Make It Worth The Effort.
H Albright

Sprink-Fitter

Anywhere we want to be.

View Profile

Posted: 10/06/18 05:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

Maybe they should close this forum then and just let people search all the old post’s?

2006 Coachman Adrenaline 228FB

2012 Can Am Commander XT 1000

Big Katuna

Deland, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/06/18 06:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It’s a pain reading through old posts when doing a search what with all the non sense posts.

My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/06/18 06:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

Heh sorry to waste your time. While I'd like some personal comments this was mainly just an intro to the forum.

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 10/06/18 06:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Owned my 30U AF for a year and 2 months. I put 1,000 miles on it last year and just got through with a 4,000 mile vacation.

I really like it. Build quality is outstanding IMHO. Very nice trailer.

Now I'm not like some one this forum and talk about all the roses and not talk about the thorns so now let me talk about the thorns. Some of these are not complaints; some are just observations.

#1. It's a very heavy trailer because it's built super heavy so that causes it to "tow heavy." After towing a 6K trailer for 15 years and then going to a 10K+ trailer it just feels very heavy.

#2. Having park water on the drivers side and the tank fill on the passenger side is just plain stupid.#5.

#3. Having a front compartment that goes half way across the trailer without a slide is just plain stupid. The way it is now you have to unload the whole compartment just to get to the things in the back.

#4. Having a sewer hose compartment under the back facia is just plain stupid. You have to get down on your hands and knees and be a contortionist to get it in and out. I'm not 25 years old any more so it's bad, bad, bad.

#5. Having a water dump under the trailer is just plain STUPID!!!. I could not believe this retarted move is! Crazy!

All the above said, I have fixes for 4 out of the 5 on my list. #2 I have to live with because there is no fix.

All in all I REALLY like my AF and I really think you will too.

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 10/06/18 06:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Big Katuna wrote:

It’s a pain reading through old posts when doing a search what with all the non sense posts.
Right.. we only get sensible, on-topic posts now.

2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 10/06/18 06:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sprink-Fitter wrote:

maybe they should close this forum then and just let people search all the old post’s?
Either that, or just delete what was discussed the previous day and start over.

Lwiddis

Cambria, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/06/18 06:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’ll buy it if you don’t.

* This post was edited 10/06/18 07:44pm by Lwiddis *

2015 Winnebago 2101DS TT & Tahoe LTZ, 300 watts WindyNation solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flagpole for US flag. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - old MOS 1542 & 1560.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> May be about to move from a fiver to a TT
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS