Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: May be about to move from a fiver to a TT
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> May be about to move from a fiver to a TT

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
samsontdog

Oregon, Wash Coast summer, Yuma Az winter

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/06/18 07:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think the A F is one of the best TT out there. Well made but pricey and heavy. The one I just looked at the storage compartment went all the way across. The reason I did not buy one 10 yrs ago there was no storage compartment in front. My friend bought a AF two yrs ago and he has put over 12K miles on it without any problems whatsoever. He said he has 13 5th w and TT and this AF is by far the best RV that he has owned

samsontdog">">

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/07/18 08:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As for heavy, we have a F-350 so I doubt we will even notice 6500 pounds behind the truck, or 10000# for that matter. I think we'll put a topper on the truck and that will recover a lot of lost storage space, we haven't been storing that much in the fiver basement anyway. Sewer stuff in a tub, barbecue grill and some folding chairs mainly. All of that will go in the back of the truck with lots of space left over.

Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2012 Ford F-350 4WD Lariat 6.7L
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

downtheroad

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Posted: 10/07/18 08:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Let's see. What was the original topic?

We have an Arctic Fox 25Y.....really like it. Here is some feedback to the original poster:
If you are going off grid like you said, the 25Y has a lot of ground clearance. It is also pre-wired for solar if that interests you. The size and floor plan is really good for two people. It is a solid, well built trailer.

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

AJR

Close to Madison Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 10/07/18 08:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The new 2004 Arctic Fox 22H I bought in 2006 (a small dealer lot queen in Illinois) set my personal standard as to how an RV should be made. Dragged that thing from Wisconsin to Alaska. Then to Maine, Florida and many other places. The only warranty work done was a leaky black tank valve. After that just normal maintenance. The only thing I wish it had was the thermal pain window option.

I toured the Northwood plant in 2011 and liked how they did things. If you inspect it and it looks good. I would say go for it if you like the layout & price is right.

Now my 2002 F250 6.0 PSD sounded like a Patton tank. I thought it was great! Everyone knew you were coming. The little kiddies cleared the road way before you got there in a campground. Even out grunted a bull in the middle of the road once.

2014 Leprechaun 290QB Chevy 6.0
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/07/18 08:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

downtheroad wrote:

We have an Arctic Fox 25Y.....really like it. Here is some feedback to the original poster:
If you are going off grid like you said, the 25Y has a lot of ground clearance. It is also pre-wired for solar if that interests you. The size and floor plan is really good for two people. It is a solid, well built trailer.

I was wondering about the solar, what does pre-wired mean, does it already have a solar converter or does this mean it just has wiring to the roof?

drsteve

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 10/07/18 09:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

Wow.. 10 pages of AF in search.

Well, except that the OP is asking about a 2016 model... so many of those posts will be about older units. Others will be utterly irrelevant to his question.

Searching the archives is a good first move if you're looking for info on, say, how to fix an older fridge, or how to wire a trailer plug.

2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

drsteve

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 10/07/18 09:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

agesilaus wrote:

downtheroad wrote:

I was wondering about the solar, what does pre-wired mean, does it already have a solar converter or does this mean it just has wiring to the roof?

I think it just means wire, nothing else.

Big Katuna

Deland, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/07/18 09:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

agesilaus wrote:

As for heavy, we have a F-350 so I doubt we will even notice 6500 pounds behind the truck, or 10000# for that matter. I think we'll put a topper on the truck and that will recover a lot of lost storage space, we haven't been storing that much in the fiver basement anyway. Sewer stuff in a tub, barbecue grill and some folding chairs mainly. All of that will go in the back of the truck with lots of space left over.

Seen those roll out shelves? My buddy has one and it extends the entire length of the bed so stuff up front comes all the way out; no crawling over stuff.

My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

dave17352

Ne

View Profile

Posted: 10/07/18 09:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Age post what ever you want, that's what this is for! Or maybe just close the forum and have nothing but searchable archive posts. [emoticon]

2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
[email protected] turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
50 gal aux tank
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!
Renogy 200 Watt solar

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/07/18 10:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

drsteve wrote:

agesilaus wrote:

downtheroad wrote:

I think it just means wire, nothing else.

Well that will still be a big help.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> May be about to move from a fiver to a TT
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS