Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Why I didn't choose camping world for slideout topper
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World Service and Inst...

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World Service and Installation

> Why I didn't choose camping world for slideout topper

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
DM6156

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/18 05:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1. Full price for parts.
Camping world website shows slide out awnings on sale, but didn't have size I was quoted listed.

2. Received coupon in mail for Awnings, however, doesn't apply to slide out toppers. Yet, they are listed as Awnings on camping world website.

https://www.campingworld.com/outside-rv/awnings-canopies-shades/rv-awnings/rv-slideout-awnings

Yep, right there in the link itself - rv slideout awnings.. under a product group called rv awnings.

3. $160 for shipping.
Camping world website has free shipping to GS club members for orders over $49 otherwise free shipping for orders over $99.
They knew I was GS member as they gave me discount (Woo hoo $4.55!) in quote.

Needless to say, I didn't chose Camping World. Dropped my TT off at another dealer this past weekend.

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/18 06:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello DM6156,

Thank you for your time and post. Please allow me to look into your experience further. Please provide the item number and your contact number in a private message.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

theoldwizard1

SE MI

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/18 07:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good Choice !

My son-in-law DID choose Camping World. Damaged the awning and siding the first time it was used.

Back at CW they said "You order the wrong one !". No, CW order and installed the WRONG ONE !

IB853347201

Eastern Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/18 07:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

theoldwizard1 wrote:

Good Choice !

My son-in-law DID choose Camping World. Damaged the awning and siding the first time it was used.

Back at CW they said "You order the wrong one !". No, CW order and installed the WRONG ONE !

Hey, is this for real or are you just quoting the Liberty Insurance commercial? [emoticon]

DM6156

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/18 12:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good Sam Care Team wrote:

Hello DM6156,

Thank you for your time and post. Please allow me to look into your experience further. Please provide the item number and your contact number in a private message.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

The coupon I'm referring to was from a mailer i received via USPS, don't recall which one (may have been 2 million GS member mailer) as i tossed it in trash after calling local CW dealer and was told slideout topper isn't an awning and coupon didn't apply.

Which part number are you referring to? The one i was quoted?

Side note, dealer I dropped TT off at this past weekend had to order parts to, they didn't charge me shipping. Only quoted parts and labor. Their parts were cheaper (close to what CW part and coupon would have been had i been allowed to use it).

* This post was edited 10/11/18 08:40am by DM6156 *

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/18 07:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World Service and Installation

> Why I didn't choose camping world for slideout topper
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World Service and Inst...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS