Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Beginning RVing: storing for winter
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> storing for winter

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
JAC1982

Brighton, CO

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/18 11:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One thing I forgot to remove last year was shampoo and body wash that I had stored under the bathroom sink. It "exploded" when it froze, so when it thawed, left a nice mess to clean up in the Spring. I remembered the stuff in the medicine cabinet, just not down under.

Our trailer is parked outside at our house, albeit on some packed down road base vs dirt or grass. We don't remove much other than anything liquid and of course food items. We've never had a mouse problem, but we also have dogs that run around in the yard that probably keep any mice away.

Also, we found a mobile tech that will come winterize it. It's $20 more than at the dealer but he can usually come out within the week, and it saves us the trip to/from the dealer.

2017 Keystone Impact 351
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5 Eco-Boost
2016 Ford Explorer Sport 3.5 Eco-Boost
2015 Polaris RZR 900S

SoundGuy

S Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/18 02:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bukhrn wrote:

I recently read somewhere,(don't remember where)to scatter hunks of Irish Spring Soap in different areas of the camper, theoretically mice hate the smell, I'm gonna try it this year.

Yeah, right ... mice just eat the stuff, then poop as usual.

[image]

As for dryer sheets ...

[image]

Fresh Cab is the only approach that's worked for me. [emoticon]

canadiancamper2018

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/18 03:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

after all of my reading I had decided to put fresh cab in my camper... no longer legal to ship across us Canadian border.... there goes that idea..

SoundGuy

S Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/18 03:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

canadiancamper2018 wrote:

after all of my reading I had decided to put fresh cab in my camper... no longer legal to ship across us Canadian border.... there goes that idea..

Not necessarily. No need to keep your location secret, you're in Canada somewhere and if anywhere near the border the simple solution is to buy Fresh Cab in the US, perhaps even have it shipped to a US friend or relative, or buy some the next time you're across the border.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> storing for winter
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS