Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Toy Haulers: TOLL ALERT!!!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> TOLL ALERT!!!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/18 10:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Colorado reported nearly $176,000,000, yes that's 176 million dollars from January to August of this year from Marijuana taxes, licenses, and fees. That isn't sales, that's the state's cut.
excellent

[email protected]

Gresham, OR, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/10/18 10:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow. I passed through there back in May this year and none of the toll booth information signs were on at any exit, and I was never directed into a toll booth as I traveled around the loop.

I figured they hadn't started collecting yet? It is a nice road, but a bit far from the city in my mind, mainly because I've never been to Denver and wanted to get a better peek at the skyline, but the loop is too far away.

But...question to the OP. Did the reader boards give you any idea that the entire loop route would end up costing that much? I went for miles on that loop before I found any signs indicating I was even ON a toll road, much less how much it was going to be.

[email protected]
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

azrving

Quartzsite

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/18 10:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The people who participate in the freedom of using mj instead of alcohol aren't the problem, they are more of a benefit.

Additional government costs are more likely to be from increased homeless. It's now been decriminalized to poop or urinate on city streets and campout on private property. Environmental extremist regulations are also driving costs up along with high priced glorious government buildings and projects.

They can want everything in the world but someone has to pay. The homeless or low income aren't in the categories of those who will pay, it's the ones who work and travel through the area that will foot the bill.

10drum

in my home

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/18 11:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[email protected] wrote:

Wow. I passed through there back in May this year and none of the toll booth information signs were on at any exit, and I was never directed into a toll booth as I traveled around the loop.

I figured they hadn't started collecting yet? It is a nice road, but a bit far from the city in my mind, mainly because I've never been to Denver and wanted to get a better peek at the skyline, but the loop is too far away.

But...question to the OP. Did the reader boards give you any idea that the entire loop route would end up costing that much? I went for miles on that loop before I found any signs indicating I was even ON a toll road, much less how much it was going to be.

I thought the same thing. The agent told me they took out the toll booths about 10 years ago, and went to license plate photo system. You may not have received a bill if your vehicle registration is at a different address. I wish I had moved.

10drum

in my home

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/18 11:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

Colorado reported nearly $176,000,000, yes that's 176 million dollars from January to August of this year from Marijuana taxes, licenses, and fees. That isn't sales, that's the state's cut.
excellent

Yes, it is excellent! My statement about freeloading pot heads is a joke. However, you'd think with that kind of revenue, there'd be no tolls.

My son refers to Denver as Menver. He claims single men out number single women in Denver since legal MJ.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/18 11:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

10drum wrote:

2oldman wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

excellent

Yes, it is excellent! My statement about freeloading pot heads is a joke. However, you'd think with that kind of revenue, there'd be no tolls.

My son refers to Denver as Menver. He claims single men out number single women in Denver since legal MJ.
Glad to hear it was a joke. Some people have a knee-jerk reaction to legal marijuana, glad you're not one of them. As far as no tolls, state legislators being what they are I'm sure they'll find new and creative ways to waste the money. [emoticon]

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/18 12:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Kansas turpike was supposed to pay for itself in 30 years and then become a free road. At the end of 30 years the state did not have the funds to maintain the road so the KTA remained in control. The tolls are reasonable and the highway is very well maintained. There are alternative routes (2 lane) if you do not wish to pay the tolls. The Dallas Ft worth area has lots of toll roads that charge variable rates depending on what time of day you use them.

2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/18 12:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Some people have a knee-jerk reaction to legal marijuana, glad you're not one of them.
Illegal marijuana is a much heavier financial burden.

JAC1982

Brighton, CO

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/18 12:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yup, I can take E-470, starting at Quebec and the Northwest Toll to where it ends to get to work and save about 15-20 minutes, and it's around $10 round trip. Crazy expensive but really does save a lot of time. But $200 bucks a month in tolls is not my thing. The one toll plaza on the NW Toll (west of I-25 to Hwy 36) is almost $4 by itself. But we use it all the time to get to the airport, because there is no other quick way to get there.

As noted, C-470 (the part of the "loop" that is west of I-25 to I-70) has no charge.

2017 Keystone Impact 351
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5 Eco-Boost
2016 Ford Explorer Sport 3.5 Eco-Boost
2015 Polaris RZR 900S

dedmiston

Valencia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/10/18 12:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Even though it's a surprise and it's expensive, at least the Denver collectors aren't jerks. I dropped my wife and son off at the Denver airport years ago and didn't give the toll roads much of a thought (no toll booth? huh). A few weeks later I got a nice letter with instructions to pay the toll. Fair enough. We've done it again a time or two since then and it was all very civilized.

Fast forward to earlier this week. I got a "NOTICE OF TOLL EVASION" letter after my wife drove on a toll road down near San Diego (I'm not sure where the toll road actually was). The letter says that the toll is $6.49 and the fine is another $57.50. Since they're super swell people, they're waiving the fine this time, but they say that there won't be any grace for the fine if she does it again in the future.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> TOLL ALERT!!!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS