Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: AC filter material
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> AC filter material

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Gundog

Ridgefield, Wa

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/18 08:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

10forty2 wrote:

Unless it's deteriorated, why not remove it, wash it and re-install? Been doing that with the filters on ours for 4 years now and it works like a charm!

It was falling apart I went to Wal Mart and they were closing out the material for the season they use the same stuff for window AC units so I bought some extra at 50 cents it was a bargain.

2005 34' Expedition Cat C7 Allison 3000

TLGPE

FL

View Profile

Posted: 10/15/18 09:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you want good filters that actually clean the air you breathe in your RV, go to RVAIR.com. They make filters for just about all AC units. Mine uses the little round ones. Amazing how dirty they get.

If you are outdoors most of the time, it may not matter, but if you travel a lot and live in the coach most of the time, the inside air quality is much better with good filters.

We sometimes stay in areas where horse and cattle are nearby, and the filters keep the odors manageable. Same applies to campfire (and wildfire) smoke.

Amazon also carries the filters.

HTH

Tom

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> AC filter material
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS