Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: 2019 Coachman Leprechaun 319mb
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> 2019 Coachman Leprechaun 319mb

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Bren53

Chillicothe MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/11/18 01:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can someone tell me where to find the fresh water tank drain valve? We bought this new early summer then hubby had health problems. Never got the chance to use. I need to drain the water in fresh water tank out. I know the salesman showed us but since we have't used since i've forgotten. Thank you for any help with this.

Bren53

mbutts

Farmington MI, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/11/18 02:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a Forester 3011 which is almost identical. My water drain is located in the outside compartment just past the rear axle. Inside that compartment, I have a small black plastic door. Open that door and you'll see a blue water line with a valve in it. Opening that valve will drain the water straight down.

Mike Butts
DW+DD+DS+Poodles
2017 Forest River Forester 3011DS (first MH!)
Previously 1999 Coleman Santa Fe pop-up, 2007 Kodiak 23SS hybrid, 2013 Sunset Trail 29SS travel trailer

youracman

Denver, CO

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/18 04:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like Mike's gotcha covered re the question you asked, Bren. Gotta ask though: There's NO WAY that just draining the FW tank "winterizes" your MH..........right? On my WGO just doing that would net me a lot of broken pipes, valves and water heater here in Colorado.

Wishing for a better health situation for your DH and that you get to use it next season. ed s

Ed Sievers, Denver, CO
07 WGO Outlook 31-C; '16 Kia Soul with 6spd DIY Tranny
"Be the person you needed when you were younger"

Bren53

Chillicothe MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/12/18 09:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks but ours didn't have the little panel. I found the two valves where our pull out kitchen is located. Our FW tank is under the bed and there is a valve there. I turned all 3 valves every which way I could but finally had to turn the water pump on to get it to drain the tank! Is that normal or did I miss something? Never had one that the pump had to be running to empty FW tank!

We are actually going out in it this weekend. DH is feeling much better and wanted at least one weekend out with the grandkids! LOL
We'll winterize it some time next week. It's parked in shed so is protected.
Thanks again! I'm sure this won't be my last question on this MH!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> 2019 Coachman Leprechaun 319mb
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS