Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: no RV parking
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> no RV parking

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/18 03:12am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

westernrvparkowner wrote:

I actually do own to the middle of the road and the county is granted an easement 30 feet on either side of that center line. You cannot build on to the easement, you can't plant trees on the easement and there are probably thousands of other things you can't do.

That's how it is in my area. We own to the middle of the road. It does not matter if it's a state, county or local municipality road.
You have no control and, parking can be restricted in front of your house.
But, you are paying tax on the property you can't use. Isn't it great? [emoticon]

ro_sie

South Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/18 05:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Has it ever occurred to you that YOU voted for these people?

ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Holiday Rambler Endeavor

garyemunson

Reno, Nevada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/12/18 05:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We live in a HOA area but it allows RV storage in the back/side yard behind your fence. One reason we bought there. The few bad apples are why some of us prefer to live in HOA neighborhoods.

shelbyfv

TN

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/18 06:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm happy living with rules and zoning. I prefer tidy to cluttered. JMO. It's a big country, probably somewhere suitable for everyone.

D.E.Bishop

Eagle Rock, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/12/18 07:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I guess you could say I live in a blue state, county and city and the PD here(only an observation on my part)had the city wide no parking RV's for any reason whatsoever removed from the books.

Now we have six or eight ordinances regarding RV parking in specially designated areas and a Fire Department ordinance giving them the power to decide, without ordinance, if parking is unsafe.

The City of Santa Barbara has ordinances that are very strict regarding overnight parking and RVs being used for residences, however, they also have involved the Churches and Businesses in the City in providing overnight parking for homeless and full time RV residents during the night time when the parking is not needed for business purposes. Overnight parking to load and unload by owners is 72 hours and no permit required.

The City is very strict about littering and sanitation and those laws are very strictly enforced. Some call it using common sense and consideration and I think it is fair.

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
95 Suzuki Sidekick 4X4
Stowmaster 5000

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/18 08:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Lane where we live is a private road. The property lines are along side the lane. there is no HOA, and very few CCRs. Of course, with no HOA, there is no one to enforce the CCRs.
We are free to do whatever we want with our land, as long as we comply with the County rules regarding trash and weeds.
Oh, yeah, we can't have goats, according to the CCRs. But, with no enforcement, it doesn't matter...
Those are some of the reasons we bought the place!

CM1, USN (RET)
2002 Fleetwood Southwind 32V, Ford V10
Daily Driver: '06 PT Cruiser Turbo
Toad: '05 Wrangler Unlimited
Toy: 1999 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, Auto, 4X4
Other toys: 2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/12/18 08:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mowermech wrote:

The Lane where we live is a private road. The property lines are along side the lane. there is no HOA, and very few CCRs. Of course, with no HOA, there is no one to enforce the CCRs.
We are free to do whatever we want with our land, as long as we comply with the County rules regarding trash and weeds.
Oh, yeah, we can't have goats, according to the CCRs. But, with no enforcement, it doesn't matter...

Until someone else moves in and hates your goats and raises a fuss. Then the police will fine you for violating the CCRS even without an HOA. That has happened in many many places.

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

allen8106

Burrton. KS

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/12/18 09:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One of the reasons I live in the country far away from stupid rules like this.

2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax
1983 DW (love of my life)
2010 Pit Bull Terrier (Jake)

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56

Ski Pro 3

Placerville, CA

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/18 09:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

toedtoes wrote:

mowermech wrote:

Until someone else moves in and hates your goats and raises a fuss. Then the police will fine you for violating the CCRS even without an HOA. That has happened in many many places.

Not in California. CC&R's are enforceable by HOA, not LEO's. The rules are not laws and as such, the HOA must issue the citation in order for a court judge to recognize the violation. No HOA to plaintive, if a judge ever did get a case, they'd have to rule for the defendant.

2006 Dodge Ram 4x4 crew cab w/diesel and manual tranny.
2012 Lance 855S camper

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/12/18 09:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ski Pro 3 wrote:

toedtoes wrote:

mowermech wrote:

Not in California. CC&R's are enforceable by HOA, not LEO's. The rules are not laws and as such, the HOA must issue the citation in order for a court judge to recognize the violation. No HOA to plaintive, if a judge ever did get a case, they'd have to rule for the defendant.

Except, the community can reestablish an HOA. I've seen it happen. Where there is a will there's a way, so to speak.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> no RV parking
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS