Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Looking at this TT online
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Looking at this TT online

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
usmc616

Orange County, New York

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/18 09:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi everyone, Been looking at this TT ,SportTrek Touring Edition STT343VBH Travel Trailer, and wondering if anyone has any experience with this particular model.Closest dealer that carries this brand is 210 miles away and they do not have one in stock.

SEMPER FI
Joe,Joyce 4 kids & 3 dogs
2004 Ford Excursion LTD 4x4 V-10 3.73 Gears, Hellwig Swaybar, Bilstein Shocks & Steering Stabilizer, Roadmaster Active Suspension, Super Duty Tow Mirrors
Reese Dual Cam & Prodigy Brake Controller
2010 Jayco G2 32BHDS.">

downtheroad

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/18 07:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Disclaimer: I have no experience with it....

Just giving it a glance, It's looks like a very nice unit. Lots of features and lots of space inside....nice floor plan also. But, for a 38 footer, I'd want more than 1300 lbs of carrying capacity...stuff adds up quickly and that seems a little thin to me.

Anyway, good luck with you search and choice.

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

jfkmk

NJ

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/18 07:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

downtheroad wrote:

Disclaimer: I have no experience with it....

Just giving it a glance, It's looks like a very nice unit. Lots of features and lots of space inside....nice floor plan also. But, for a 38 footer, I'd want more than 1300 lbs of carrying capacity...stuff adds up quickly and that seems a little thin to me.

Anyway, good luck with you search and choice.

I agree with the 1300 lb. comment. I don’t think we carry that much cargo, but then again, it’s only my wife and I traveling, and our tt doesn’t sleep nearly the number of people.

Also, from the floor plan, it appears access would be very limited with the slides in. This may or may not be a factor for you, but something worth considering.

DutchmenSport

Between Anderson, Pendleton, & Lapel, Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/12/18 08:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Agree, check the accessibility of everything with all slides in. If you are OK with that, then this camper appears to be about as good or bad as any other. Looks like a middle-of-the-road camper for a young family. It will probably serve you well. Just remember, RV's last only as long as their owners are willing to invest time and money into upkeep. If you are committed to working your tail off to keep it nice, or don't let the kids romp through it, or don't drag it over creeks and dirt mountain roads, it will do you well.

Google search of images and floor plan images, click here.

DutchmenSport

2019 Montana High Country 375FL Fifth Wheel
2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax Dually

2 Dachshunds, 1 cat, 2 even older folks now, but still lots of love!

The new Montana is now officially, "The Love Shack 2"

Swell1

Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/12/18 01:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I own a ST271VRB SportTrek. I've pulled it about 5k miles and had no issues. The build quality is as good as any other I've had over the years. If you like the floor plan I'd say go for it. Hope this helps.
Good Luck

2017 SportTrek 271 VRB
2016 F150 Eco boost with max tow package

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Looking at this TT online
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS