Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Inverter for Samsung Refrigerator
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Inverter for Samsung Refrigerator

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
DutchmenSport

Between Anderson, Pendleton, & Lapel, Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/12/18 10:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DutchmenSport wrote:

C.B. wrote:

My 21 cu. ft. Samsung runs off two 6 volt batteries with a Xantrex Freedom Xi 1000 pure sine wave inverter. The refrigerator is the only appliance that runs off the inverter.

C.B.

Mine runs of a Magnum Dimensions Pure Sine Wave inverter, 1000 watts for my Samsung 21 cu.ft. Like C.B. said, it's the only thing running off it. Seems to work pretty good.

I've got a 2 battery bank. Dealer installed. We very seldom, well ... never, camp without shore power. Dealer said the tow vehicle will keep the battery charged while in transit, and the battery runs the refrigerator. And so far, no problems at all. Freezer shows -2F and refrigerator shows +36F. Hasn't changed since we bought the camper.

I may stand corrected. After some exploring this morning, I think my inverter has never been turned on. Sorry about that. But thanks for getting my attention!

DutchmenSport

2019 Montana High Country 375FL Fifth Wheel
2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax Dually

2 Dachshunds, 1 cat, 2 even older folks now, but still lots of love!
And yes, it really does have a door on the opposite side:

azrving

Oatman

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/18 11:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a prowatt 1000 that wouldn't start a 10 cu ft fridge. Xantrex said sometimes they will and the next fridge won't. I went to a 2000 because I'm also running 40 inch led tv and satellite etc. I don't remember how much amperage but my resi does a defrost cycle at some interval and when unplugged and plugged back in.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/12/18 12:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The posts made describing OEM installs seem to mostly include a 1000 watt sine wave inverter as best I can tell. Do not undersize the battery connection or surge performance can suffer.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

AllegroD

Outdare

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/18 01:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kountryguy wrote:

What size inverter will I need t operate a Samsung Residential refrigerator? I will probably use a pure sine one so I can use it for TV, computer also. Thanks

Hey Kountry,

As you can see, there is more to the equation than inverter size. How you use it is also important. That determines what pieces you need in your 12/120v systems.

FWIW. We have a Samsung RF18. We do very little dry camping. Only over night when on a destination run to the folks. The RF18 runs off of shore power mostly. We chose to stay with our original Tripplite RV750ULHW. It has 750watts continuous and 1500 surge for 10 sec. Given our travel habits, it is only on inverter when on the road. For short trips, say an hour away, I don't know if the RF18 even runs the compressor. For long runs, say 8 hours, it runs 2-4 times, depending on temps. Since the alternator is charging, while on the road, the batts stay up. If we stop for the night, 8 hours, the inverter runs the RF18 fine and the batts go down to about 12v which is about 50%.

On edit: We only have 2 T105 batts.

Unless we change our camping habits, or see something strange happening, this set up serves us well. Also of note, is that the only things on the inverter are the entertainment center and one plug by the navigator seat. We do not use the entertainment system on the dry situations

C.B.

APPLETON WI USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/12/18 02:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

D.E.Bishop wrote:

C.B. wrote:

My 21 cu. ft. Samsung runs off two 6 volt batteries with a Xantrex Freedom Xi 1000 pure sine wave inverter. The refrigerator is the only appliance that runs off the inverter.

C.B.

For how long and how do you recharge?

So far the only time the fridge runs off the inverter is when I'm traveling. When I'm camping I'm either on pedestal or 4000 watts of Honda.

C.B.

CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~
CB Family Fleet
Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Duane/Holli=2005-Cedar Creek 362BBS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B

Kountryguy

Emery,SD

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/18 07:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for all the info.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Inverter for Samsung Refrigerator
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS