Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Near perfect 2001 Jayco Eagle
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Near perfect 2001 Jayco Eagle

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
DaButcher

texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/20 11:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This Jayco now has almost 24K and a 3000 mile trip planned in September. No issues other than had to replace the cooling unit on the frig and the step motor. Always towing the Jeep or Kawasaki.

[image]

2001 Jayco Eagle 286S Class C

NRA Life Member

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/20 05:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congrats! Awesome find! Sounds like it’s treated you well!

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

VA-Apraisr

glen allen, VA

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/20 05:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Now that is quite a find indeed!!!! Those are the types of vehicles I like to find; older year but limited use. If you don't mind sharing, the purchase price would be appreciated!! Just wondering how great a deal you got on the "one of a kind" RV find! [emoticon]

DaButcher

texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/20 08:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

VA-Apraisr wrote:

Now that is quite a find indeed!!!! Those are the types of vehicles I like to find; older year but limited use. If you don't mind sharing, the purchase price would be appreciated!! Just wondering how great a deal you got on the "one of a kind" RV find! [emoticon]

VA-Apraisr

glen allen, VA

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/20 07:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow!!!! Even better....I think you STOLE that RV and will promptly report it to the local police [emoticon] [emoticon] Great for you!!

VA-Apraisr

glen allen, VA

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/20 07:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would put the LED marker lights and rear tail light/backup lights on your rig. Tremendous change in brightness especially backing up! I also put eternal bond tape around each marker hole, cut a small slit to pass electric wire through, then sealed lens with flexible caulk. That way, if a lens cracks, the tape behind should stop most of the water from pushing through due to wind/pressure. Took about 3 hours to do everything and a big improvement.

DaButcher

texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/10/20 05:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

VA-Apraisr wrote:

I would put the LED marker lights and rear tail light/backup lights on your rig.

I put led bulbs in taillights. Need to get the clearance lights replaced. Do you have a link to the led clearance lights you used? Bilstein shocks on order (current shocks appear to be factory).

VA-Apraisr

glen allen, VA

View Profile

Posted: 08/11/20 03:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Someone on this site posted the LED website that I used and didn't save it for some reason. Search the site or just post up the topic and I'm sure you'll get that link!

VA-Apraisr

glen allen, VA

View Profile

Posted: 08/18/20 07:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The website was etrailer.com for the replacement LED lights and rear tail lights! Super bright lights and good prices! Good luck.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Near perfect 2001 Jayco Eagle
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.