Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Camper - tow car mismatch
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Camper - tow car mismatch

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Scotty71

North America

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/19 11:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah, because techs with decades of experience with RV’s - you know, like the Yahoos at Lazy Days, have all the answers. It’s exactly techs like Doug who REFUSED to ever so much as LOOK at the camper as being the root cause. Converter module wiring isn’t rocket science. It’s not even technical. Ground, power, signals, output.

And I don’t understand why someone comes in here to help and then when someone lets them know they’re wrong, they get all pissy.

I get it though. Some of you people put an awful lot of stock in being THE answer guy and you don’t like getting called out on your BS answers. That’s not on me. If you’re wrong (and you are) just say “Thank you for clarifying” and move on. Since the purpose of this thread is to help out others and not just myself, I feel somewhat responsible for making sure it accurately reflects my actual situation and provides USEFUL information for anyone else coming along. Don’t like the way I handle the information on a thread regarding MY issue, walk away. No harm. No foul. Buh bye. ???

road-runner

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/19 01:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Scotty71 wrote:

It’s exactly techs like Doug who REFUSED to ever so much as LOOK at the camper as being the root cause.
Seems to me this statement falls under the definition of defamation: Defamation of character happens when something untrue and damaging is presented as a fact to someone else. I assume you don't have a clue whether Doug would have looked at the camper or not. Even when it's low tech, sometimes problems like yours can be hard as heck to isolate when you have the equipment at hand. Remotely, it's darn near impossible. Sounds like Doug might have gone down the wrong path here. Being a master of wrong assumptions myself, I understand how that can happen. You say a purpose of this thread is to help out others. Reporting an improbable cause of the problem achieves that. Slamming one of the forum's greatest assets works against it.

2009 Fleetwood Icon

Scotty71

North America

View Profile

Posted: 12/18/19 03:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here we go. What a yahoo forum. Useless. Let me sign off with the following. I think Doug is a cocky moron. That’s my opinion and he can hire a lawyer and sue me if he thinks he has a case. I don’t care how many years of experience that clown has but he came in here all gangbusters saying there was NO possible way it could be the camper without asking any questions as to how the tow vehicle was ruled out. Diagnosing remotely is difficult, you opine? Not for Doug, apparently. He ruled out my Jeep without asking a question and a forum that holds such idiots in high regard is no place for me.

So, rather than sit here and have endless back-and-forth dialogues with Yahoo after butt hurt yahoo, I’ll simply end my past, current and future experiences here in this forum with a “go **** yourselves” and follow that with a promise never to return to such a pathetic forum.

Over, out and gone.

Bobbo

Wherever I park

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/18/19 07:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After all of that, this was not even his thread. He hijacked someone else's thread.

Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

drsteve

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 12/19/19 06:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Scotty71 wrote:

Here we go. What a yahoo forum. Useless. Let me sign off with the following. I think Doug is a cocky moron. That’s my opinion and he can hire a lawyer and sue me if he thinks he has a case. I don’t care how many years of experience that clown has but he came in here all gangbusters saying there was NO possible way it could be the camper without asking any questions as to how the tow vehicle was ruled out. Diagnosing remotely is difficult, you opine? Not for Doug, apparently. He ruled out my Jeep without asking a question and a forum that holds such idiots in high regard is no place for me.

So, rather than sit here and have endless back-and-forth dialogues with Yahoo after butt hurt yahoo, I’ll simply end my past, current and future experiences here in this forum with a “go **** yourselves” and follow that with a promise never to return to such a pathetic forum.

Over, out and gone.

Boo hoo. Don't let the door hit ya.

2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Camper - tow car mismatch
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.