Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Ram Sales Increasing
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Ram Sales Increasing

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/12/19 05:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

Flashman wrote:

spud1957 wrote:

IdaD wrote:

The Super Duty must have gotten more expensive with the new models. When I bought the 2015 in my sig the price difference between a Ram and Super Duty was negligible on comparable model diesel crew cabs. The GM was substantially more than either. I think MSRP was similar on all of them but the GM dealers in my area just weren't discounting as much. I haven't price shopped since so maybe things have changed.

MRSP is still pretty close between the Ram and Ford. It's the discounting where the difference is. Ram's is almost twice as much.

After some converations with some Ram owners who have recently purchased a Ram HD to haul their horses? (Rear wheel falling off with horse trailer on and another into the dealer on the average once a month) Think I'll pass on buying a new one. Just not prepared to risk it. Not at all saying I wouldn't have some issues with a Ford but I'd rather go with the devil I know than the devil I don't know.

Thats rich. A Ford guy complaining about unreliable other brands. Let's not forget Ford's history with their trucks. 6.0, 6.4, CP4 - on and on.

Ya, it is rich, how soon we forget what junk the DODGE trucks were for so many years.

YEP, both of these have over 400k. JUNK

I owned both, Son and a Friends Son have them now.

[image]
[image]

Yup, I am sitting next to 2007 Ford 6.0 here in Montana. 200K never touched the motor , looks like it just come off the showroom floor, they are fulltime Rver's . We can do this all day, but there were junk 6.0, 6.4's and the good ones.I don't know how any times I have heard someone say about the Dodge, a " Cummins wrapped in a turd "

kellem

Shenandoah valley,VA

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/19 03:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I get tickled at these types of threads. Lol
Can't wait til Subaru makes a HD truck.

I've had outstanding 5.3's and 5.7 Hemi's.....probably get a eco-boost next.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/19 03:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe in three years we’lll be bitchin about Rivian trucks. Lol.

GBuilders

Boerne TX.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/19 03:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just bought a new Ford F-250 platinum but before that I owned a 2014 Ram MC drw that I loved.
I was planning on buying a new 2019 Ram 2500 Longhorn since I had owned 3 rams before with very good service. I decided to test drive the 2019 F250 King Ranch and I really liked the seats as they were more comfortable to me. Pricing was within a $1000 and here in Texas truck country in May dealers were not offering much in discounts on either side. I decided on the Ford and have been happy so far after 5400 miles. Pros and cons on both and I am not brand loyal. We are very lucky to have three good trucks to choose from. I wish Ram all the best because I would defiantly buy another Ram diesel. I never looked at GM, they just don’t appeal me in looks and can size.

2005 Jayco Eagle 305 BHS 5th wheel

New truck: 2019 Ford F-250 power stroke platinum 4x4

Former truck: 2014 Ram Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4 6.7/Aisin 6 speed 3:73

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/19 04:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gbuilders, didn't you test drive a Laramie?

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/19 05:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GBuilders wrote:

I just bought a new Ford F-250 platinum but before that I owned a 2014 Ram MC drw that I loved.
I was planning on buying a new 2019 Ram 2500 Longhorn since I had owned 3 rams before with very good service. I decided to test drive the 2019 F250 King Ranch and I really liked the seats as they were more comfortable to me. Pricing was within a $1000 and here in Texas truck country in May dealers were not offering much in discounts on either side. I decided on the Ford and have been happy so far after 5400 miles. Pros and cons on both and I am not brand loyal. We are very lucky to have three good trucks to choose from. I wish Ram all the best because I would defiantly buy another Ram diesel. I never looked at GM, they just don’t appeal me in looks and can size.

Same here. I put a lot of miles on the Rams in all trim levels. None fit my back side and as comfortable as the Ford seats. That is why my personal vehicles are Ford.

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/19 07:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

You know it's got to get old going thru the mail hoping your not getting another one of these!

And have they sold cars with known transmission issue like Ford?

https://www.freep.com/in-depth/money/cars/ford/2019/07/11/ford-focus-fiesta-transmission-defect/1671198001/

Those in glass homes should not throw stones!

2015 RAM 3500 CC SB SRW Our Rig New 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Commuter trailer 2019 Laredo 225MK. Retired and enjoying it!

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/19 08:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Me Again wrote:

FishOnOne wrote:

You know it's got to get old going thru the mail hoping your not getting another one of these!

https://www.freep.com/in-depth/money/cars/ford/2019/07/11/ford-focus-fiesta-transmission-defect/1671198001/

LMAO... And FCA received the biggest safety fine in the history of the automobile industry do to front suspension design flaws that Chrsyler, Daimler, Cerebus, and Fiat ignored. Their fix was to implement a copy of the Ford's swing arm front suspension design and even after that they Chrysler still couldn't get if right with poor quality welds on the track bar mount to the frame that required a recall. And after that they now have stearing arms that the bolts come loose and another recall to inspect and/or weld the bolts in place. Talk about a continuous chit storm.

The Chrysler Corporation has produced trash 4 speed transmissions for decades and everyone just learned to accept that they're trash. Our 07 Dodge Ram 3500 has a aftermarket transmission installed by the original owner that gave up the ghost with less than 100k miles.

I would say your in a glass house on thin ice fan boy.

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs
"Built Ford Proud"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/19 08:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

Me Again wrote:

FishOnOne wrote:

LMAO... And FCA received the biggest safety fine in the history of the automobile industry do to front suspension design flaws that Chrsyler, Daimler, Cerebus, and Fiat ignored. Their fix was to implement a copy of the Ford's swing arm front suspension design and even after that they Chrysler still couldn't get if right with poor quality welds on the track bar mount to the frame that required a recall. And after that they now have stearing arms that the bolts come loose and another recall to inspect and/or weld the bolts in place. Talk about a continuous chit storm.

The Chrysler Corporation has produced trash 4 speed transmissions for decades and everyone just learned to accept that they're trash. Our 07 Dodge Ram 3500 has a aftermarket transmission installed by the original owner that gave up the ghost with less than 100k miles.

It has been over 4 hours, I think you are suppose to go see a doctor at that point.

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/19 08:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Me Again wrote:

FishOnOne wrote:

Me Again wrote:

FishOnOne wrote:

It has been over 4 hours, I think you are suppose to go see a doctor at that point.

Link

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Ram Sales Increasing
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS