Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Need new water heater question
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Need new water heater question

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/19 04:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mine is atwood. but YES. I just replaced the tank not the rest of it.

Now on my Atwood the tank came with new mounting hardware and a new element and relay I swapped the element (Since I had it out) with a 1500 Watt 240 volt (375 watts at 120 volt) element so that it heats slower. but trips the park? 30 amp breakers less often when I am on 30 amps. (Very nice when it is raining out).

Works great.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

Rick Jay

Greater Springfield area, MA

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/19 05:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tewitt1949 wrote:

Thanks all, I agree it old and get new. Cost isn't and issue. The gas part has worked flawlessly. Since its passed the test of time, that part must be a good one. To be honest, many older things were made better than some new designed things.

I'll just order a new one. Amazon has replacements, with next day delivery.

Well, if it was me, I would also feel like the parts that ARE working are probably much better than what you're likely going to buy today, at least from a longevity perspective. But seeing as options are limited, I'd buy the complete replacement and install it. Then, in my spare time, I'd see if there was any way to repair/replace the original tank in a reasonable and economical manner. If so, I'd probably do it and then keep the entire assembly as a spare.

Two things are nearly certain: If you have a spare, you will not need it, and you'll never have to deal with this issue again. If you don't have a spare, your new water heater assembly will peter out right after the warranty is over. LOL

Good Luck,

~Rick

2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (24-Angel), 1 girl (19), 2 boys (20 & 17).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

RJsfishin

Winston Or.

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/19 08:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

houstonstroker wrote:

Can you tell where the leak is coming from?
Coulda swore he said from the tank. Where on the tank ?? Like that mite make a difference ?

Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

Rick Jay

Greater Springfield area, MA

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/19 06:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RJsfishin,

I'm guessing that what houstonstroker might be getting at is that it might be the Temperature & Pressure Relief Valve which might be leaking, but presenting as if it's a leak in the tank itself. Or possibly one of the other fittings on the tank. Just guessing. [emoticon]

~Rick

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Need new water heater question
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.