Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Variable speed water pump
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Variable speed water pump

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
JoeChiOhki

Sauvie Island, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/30/19 04:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

work2much wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. It is definitely not a weak battery. The battery could run 100 of these pumps. Maybe the stock led lights are just sensitive.

The wiring to the pump is stock and I have had no problems with the 12v electronics in the camper. I think it's just that harsh switching on and off of the pump.

I wasn't aware that Shurflo had made a variable speed pumps. It looks like they are discontinued.

Anyways the lights are the least of the issue. The hammering noise, and yes I have put pool noodle on every bit of pex tubing I can find.

I have also been pointed to aqua pro pumps from a guy that likes his a a lot. It's a lot cheaper maybe a place to start.

It looks like they discontinued the electronic multi speed ones in favor of the better Revolution model which is the unit with the bypass diaphram I mentioned. The 4028 is the model I have currently in my kit and will soon be getting moved to the Amerigo.

My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express
CB Channel 17 Redneck Express
'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

work2much

Jackson Ca

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/19 05:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JoeChiOhki wrote:

It looks like they discontinued the electronic multi speed ones in favor of the better Revolution model which is the unit with the bypass diaphram I mentioned. The 4028 is the model I have currently in my kit and will soon be getting moved to the Amerigo.

Thanks Joe, I will check it out.

2017 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.
2018 Host Mammoth. 1080 Watts solar. 600 AH usable LFP battery. Magnum 2800 Watt inverter.
2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2400 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/19 10:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

work2much wrote:

The hammering noise, and yes I have put pool noodle on every bit of pex tubing I can find..
Many of us have stopped the hammering by replacing the output -side pex with flexible line.

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/19 01:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For those who don't have water accumulators in the system - replenish air bubble in water heater helps a lot.
Usually I hook up dry hose, open the water flow and run hot water inside, what push some air into WH tank.
That gives me about 5 seconds of water flow with pump off, what is good for washing hands after midnight pee.
The variable speed pumps are the only ones used in household well systems all around the World, but they did not catch in RV.
I think the price and voltage spikes make it too difficult.
From all RV pumps I had the quietest was belt-driven one in 1965 Airstream.
I restored the TT about 6 years ago and was surprised the pump model was still in production and sold in marine places for $350.
I was still able to buy rebuild kit and 45 years old pump work very well.
Now I put new valves seal 2 years ago into my $39/18 yo pump and it works well, so I have no motivation to upgrade it.

Jack Spratt

Maine

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/19 03:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Adding an accumulator made a big difference in our system.
Installation took less than an hour.

Leprechaun 260 DSF
2017 Big Horn FL3750

'10 Yellow Lab to keep us on our toes.

ajriding

st clair

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/19 02:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

work2much wrote:

The hammering noise, and yes I have put pool noodle on every bit of pex tubing I can find..
Many of us have stopped the hammering by replacing the output -side pex with flexible line.

This is the solution to the noise!!!

For Truck Campers most will not have room for accumulators, I know I do not.

I still think wiring issues are present if lights are dimming. Check to make sure the lights and pump are not on the same circuit and fed by the same wire.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Variable speed water pump
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.