Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Breaker Panel Help Please
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Breaker Panel Help Please

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
RobWNY

Jamestown, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/06/19 12:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was having an issue with my water heater not heating using Electric and discovered the entire right side of my breaker panel was off. I'm more than a little confused. I can't read what the first breaker says on each side of the Main breakers that starts with the letter "G" and I have a 15A breaker on the right side that has no label. I also don't have a Washing Machine but I'm guessing there's a breaker in place in case I install one at some point. I only have one Air Conditioner so why is there a breaker on each side of the Main? With the 12V area, can anyone decipher what No. 13 with the 10A fuse says? I'm adding a smaller version of the picture I took here but if you want to see the full size picture for better clarity, here is the link. Full Size Picture

[image]

2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

You can't put a porcupine in a barn, set it on fire, and expect to make licorice.

swphotobug

varous

View Profile

Posted: 09/06/19 01:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Have you talked to the rigs manufacturer? Regarding the AC maybe it is wired for 2 ACs.

2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 09/06/19 01:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For me to decipher anything, you'll have to take a closer picture with good focus on the writing. Your bigger picture isn't much bigger.

joebedford

Sheltering at home

View Profile

Posted: 09/06/19 01:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You have 50A service (double breaker in the middle). One of the hots goes to the left breakers and the other goes to the right. Can't imagine any reason other than human error that all the right breakers are off.

Fuse 13 says "waterheat". Your heater needs 12V when running on propane.

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 09/06/19 01:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Someone could certainly use a lesson on how to properly label a circuit breaker and fuse panel.
My 5er was prewired for a 2nd A/C that was not yet installed but the breaker was in place. I added the A/C later.
Did the water heater operate when you turned that breaker on?
I can't decipher the G labeled breakers either.

houstonstroker

Houston, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/06/19 01:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check the pedestal, maybe you lost one of your hots.

2016 Dynamax Force HD Super C

joebedford

Sheltering at home

View Profile

Posted: 09/06/19 02:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like

GEN
REEFER
MICRO
GFI
WASHER
A/C

GenD??
A/C
WATERHEATER
FIRE

maybe

RobWNY

Jamestown, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/06/19 02:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

swphoyobug, yes I called Forest River who told me that unless I knew who built my 5th wheel or who wrote those labels they couldn't help me.

2oldman, the bigger picture isn't much bigger but it can be zoomed in on. I can't take any larger of a photo. I was literally 6 inches from the panel with my camera.

joebedford, Thank you. I knew the heater needed 12v power to spark the propane when using it that way. I just couldn't make out the writing. The Water Heater worked fine before this past weekend. I'm thinking the breakers tripped. I'm at a loss why. When I plug in to the pedestal, I always make sure the breakers are off and turn those on last after all connections have been made. I thought about Gen and Gen D too but I don't have a Generator.

BB_TX, Yes, the Water Heater connections give me 120V when the breaker is on and the switch is on. I emptied the tank and took out the heating element so I could test Ohms and Volts and determined no other problem exists.

houstonstroker, I'm back home and don't have a 50A connection to see if there's an issue with one of the leads. I just have a 20A plug with a dog bone so I can't turn on a bunch of stuff to test.

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 09/06/19 02:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I won't try to decipher the labels but if the "WHole right side" of the panel is "OFF" reset the main breakers press HARD when you turn 'em off if no A/C is running turn 'em back on. if you had an A/C running wait 3 minutes before turning them back on.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

DrewE

Vermont

View Profile

Posted: 09/06/19 02:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I suspect the two 120V breakers you can't read are "Gen" and "Gen 2", in other words general purpose circuits. That would presumably mean receptacles in various places in the RV.

I think it rather unlikely that four unrelated breakers happened to trip at the same time. Maybe somehow in opening or shutting the door for the power center they got bonked or something like that.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Breaker Panel Help Please
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.