Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Cost of accessories new camper
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Cost of accessories new camper

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Spikeman

Kingman AZ.

View Profile

Posted: 09/14/19 04:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Found them at Windy Nation

Spikeman

Kingman AZ.

View Profile

Posted: 09/14/19 04:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's a good idea! it does however have connector up front for a portable solar panel you can buy a portable solar panel 100 watt for $149

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/15/19 08:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Spikeman wrote:

I have never purchase a truck camper before do you find these installed prices to be average and reasonable:

4 Torklift Brackets W/4 Happijac Turnbuckles & Chain
includes Qwik Release Handles ($150.00) N/C $1,095.00

Torklift Expandable 4 Step (GlowStep) $ 328.00

2 Group 24 12V AGM Batteries of average quality $590.00

2nd Solar Panel 100watt $475.00

Thanks in advance

I could not find anyone near me to install the Torklift brackets on my new truck. It was a lot of work and required a couple of phone calls and some slight modifications of the predrilled Torklift bolt holes.

AGM batteries can be expensive. I replaced mine last year. The best price I could find for 2 150 AH Lifelines was close to $1000.

I think I paid about the same to have a second solar panel installed. The costs included the panel and the time knowledge and expertise of the installer. I have done a lot of my own repairs and modifications but I would not be interested in wrestling a heavy solar panel onto the roof and installing the brackets.

burningman

Seattle, WA USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/15/19 08:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow... I hadn’t thought about it this way, but the money you guys are spending just to tie down your campers would seriously offset the cost of getting a Stable-Lift instead!
Not only does it work WAY better than corner jacks, it eliminates having tiedowns.

When you factor that in, it costs LESS than electric corner jacks.

2017 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD SE
99 Ram 4x4 Dually Cummins
A whole lot more fuel, a whole lot more boost.
4.10 gears, Gear Vendors overdrive, exhaust brake
Built auto, triple disc, billet shafts.
Kelderman Air Ride, Helwig sway bar.

jaycocreek

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 09/15/19 09:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

burningman wrote:

Wow... I hadn’t thought about it this way, but the money you guys are spending just to tie down your campers would seriously offset the cost of getting a Stable-Lift instead!
Not only does it work WAY better than corner jacks, it eliminates having tiedowns.

I agree..The only problem with the Stable-Lift is the ground clearance..I don't understand why they have not addressed that with something like a release that let's you take the bottom half off for going in rougher terrain...

Except for that,the system is hard to beat..

1994 F-350 DRW /460/k&n intake /415# torque/lance 9.6/Engel compressor fridge/3 gr 27 batteries/Honda 2k/Honda 3K/WH Camo 2250/Reese solid bar extension/Buddy heater/3 inverters//Happi Jack tie downs /Firestone bags/Yamaha Rhino/Winch and Lockers

jaycocreek

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 09/15/19 09:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Spikeman wrote:

I have never purchase a truck camper before do you find these installed prices to be average and reasonable:

4 Torklift Brackets W/4 Happijac Turnbuckles & Chain
includes Qwik Release Handles ($150.00) N/C $1,095.00

Torklift Expandable 4 Step (GlowStep) $ 328.00

2 Group 24 12V AGM Batteries of average quality $590.00

2nd Solar Panel 100watt $475.00

Thanks in advance

And there are cheaper alternatives than Torklift,like Happi-jack stuff or flooded(normal) batteries and portable solar panels..Torklift is flat out spendy stuff..I own none of it...But it is quality stuff,I guess..

There are people out there that still use Brophy tie downs(less than $100) on smaller TC's like this guy..

[image]

burningman

Seattle, WA USA

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/19 01:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jaycocreek wrote:

burningman wrote:

I agree..The only problem with the Stable-Lift is the ground clearance..I don't understand why they have not addressed that with something like a release that let's you take the bottom half off for going in rougher terrain...

Except for that,the system is hard to beat..

You must not understand the Stable-Lift.
You CAN un-pin the bottom of it if you want to. It’s easy.
However, that’s what clamps the camper down to the truck.
Ground clearance is fine, it’s not as low as your axles already are.
If you do bang something, it’s generally no big deal. It’s really hard to damage a Stable-Lift. If you bang something with a corner jack, they rip right out.
And in general, anywhere you can’t go because of a Stable-Lift is somewhere you’re not going with a big cabover camper anyway.

jaycocreek

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/19 03:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

You must not understand the Stable-Lift.

I don't...It just seems by pictures the bottom bar running from the front to back would limit where you can go...Where you can pick a path to keep the rocks from beating up the axles,that bottom bar would limit more places just like adding running boards..

It certainly seems like the most stable system for a truck camper by far..I guess I'll have to take a closer look at them..These corner Jack's are a disaster waiting to happen...

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/19 03:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Stable-Lift on dually will make wide-body setup, what will put even more limits where you can go.
I was thinking about buying 1, but why spend money on something I already have working well?
I'd rather spend the money to replace dark brown granite counter-tops in our kitchen with lighter color granite.
DW will be much happier.

toddb

az

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/19 03:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Spikeman wrote:

Existing panel not too neat Thanks

[image]

is that a big glob of sealant on the panel upper left corner? That'll kill the string.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Cost of accessories new camper
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.