Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Havent camped in 2 years
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Havent camped in 2 years

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
brantlyj

Iowa

View Profile

Posted: 09/22/19 10:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I might add, don’t be afraid to ask for help. I just put a deposit on a trailer so other than a tent I haven’t been in an rv park. But I would have no problem helping someone with set-up.

As long as I have the ability or something so pressing I can’t stop I have never turned down a request for help.

Heymon

Torrance

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/01/19 09:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree with what brantlyj said, if you camp in places such as an rv park there is bound to be someone to help or even park staff might assist with stabilizer jacks or the like.

You might also consider joining a group, that way you would have people camping with you that could help you get set up. I group camp and solo (with my 12 year old son and my dog) and I really enjoy the group outings for all the chit chat around the campfire and so forth.

TurnThePage

North ID

View Profile

Posted: 10/01/19 10:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As people mention weight distributing hitches, it occurs to me that the Equal-I-zer brand doesn't have to be removed. The bars can be pushed up close to the rear bumper of the tow vehicle to be out of the way, and you can drive all over with them still attached. I've done it quite a bit. I swapped out the small cotter pins that hold them on for small locks typically used on luggage. That way they don't grow legs unless somebody is dedicated to the cause.

Good luck with what ever you choose. Growin' old ain't for wimps!

2015 Ram 1500
2004 Pioneer 18T6

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Havent camped in 2 years
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.