Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: RoadTrek 200
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
fullmoonoversalem

Alaska

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/26/19 03:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We went from A to B and love it. We spent 5 months in it and were still speaking at the end of our trip. I could full time if we had the opportunity. That would mean getting rid of stuff and pulling a big trailer full of hobby stuff.

One couple that I met had a tiny TT that they used for storage of things like a canopy, tools, etc and then had an extra bed for guests and/or “alone time.”

The cost of operating the B is so much better than the A. We can drive it anywhere. If I did anything else I would get one of those small C (B+?) like the View or Navion or the equivalent for more storage but could not park in our apartment’s parking lot.

Going “stealth” is easier. We did overnights in parking lots with no problems at times. I can’t even get interested in Class A. motorhomes anymore, even those luxury models.

2017 Coachmen Galleria

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/19 07:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fullmoonoversalem wrote:

That would mean getting rid of stuff and pulling a big trailer full of hobby stuff.

One couple that I met had a tiny TT that they used for storage of things like a canopy, tools, etc and then had an extra bed for guests and/or “alone time.”

I've seen several people pulling cargo trailers for all the "stuff" that's fun to bring along while camping (bikes, a grill, kayak, etc) and now I'm having thoughts about a mobile "She-Shed".....LOL!!

debandi

Austin

View Profile

Posted: 10/29/19 11:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We down sized from a 40ft American Eagle to a 2006 Roadtrek with a sprinter model powered by Mercedes diesel. I am 6'3" and find sleeping to be a challenge some times but, overall very comfortable and easy to drive. Almost like a sports car.

We averaged 22 mpg on a 5000+ mile this summer.
Try them till you find one you can enjoy.

John

John Spear RMCS(SW)USN RET '88
Debra is my 'nagagator'! She tells me where to go.
Enjoying our 2006 Roadtrek Adventurs RS

Trekkar

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/19 08:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We also moved from a Class A to a Class B. We have a 2001 Roadtrek 190, which is considerably smaller than the newer Sprinter-sized rigs. For us, it's just right.

The best thing for us is the spontaneity it allows. We drive it as a second vehicle as well as RV, so it gets used all the time. No more needing reservations, as we can go anywhere, park anywhere, and stay at any sized campsite. The only caveat I've heard about so far is multiple days at one site. If you travel and want to return, you'll want to put out some type of marker to save your site.

Hope you find what you want soon!

2001 RoadTrek 190

bsinmich

Holland, MI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/03/19 10:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 190V '95 Dodge. there is a very active RT group on Facebook. I have 107K on mine and the garage put 5W30 Mobil 1 in by mistake 3 years ago. They offered to change it and I said I would try it to see if it ran through oil. It does not require any oil in 5000 miles and my mileage jumped to 16-17 with a 318 and driving 60-65. It is a lot smaller than my Mountain Aire was. My wife always said when I would die she would get a Roadtrek. She died 5 1/2 years ago and I got the Roadtrek. At 81 I am happy with it but still miss a large MH.

Roadtrek Versatile. Old enough to vote and drink (gas)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS