Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Change dining booth to table and chairs
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Do It Yourself Modifications a...

Open Roads Forum  >  Do It Yourself Modifications and Upgrades (DIY)

 > Change dining booth to table and chairs

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
spoon059

Just north of D.C.

Senior Member

Joined: 10/03/2010

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 09/08/21 10:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OP, we replaced out U-dinette with a round freestanding table with drop leaf. I made my own benches for the one side and back wall. My table isn't anchored down because originally we would take it out for some trips and put a pack-n-play for our youngest. We found that flipping the table upside down was sufficient for transport and haven't changed that.

We found the original dinette to be awful uncomfortable and under used. Now the kids sit on the benches I made and my wife and I have short stools that we use. We absolutely LOVE it and have no regrets. Hope your reno goes smooth and you like it too.


2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

JBarca

Radnor, Ohio, USA

Senior Member

Joined: 12/16/2004

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 11/04/21 06:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know some time has past and you may have already sorted this out, but I'll show what we do with our table and chairs.

Ours came from the factory with the table not mounted to the floor. Sunline was out of business by the time we got the trailer, so we could not ask them how they wanted to do this securing for travel.

Here is what we do. The wife really likes that the table is not mounted to the floor as she slides the table on the carpet standing up to the end of the slide room when not in use to create more room in the camper. Then we slide the table back to eating position when we need to use it etc.

It came with 4 chairs, but we now only use 2 of them since 98% of the time, it is just the two of us. The other 2% of the time, we bring the other 2 chairs with us.

[image]

We lay over the table down and to the front of the slide to travel. The chairs are stacked in such a way, the seat fabric isolates the wood to wood touching. We tried this many ways, and this is the final setup we came up with. It has worked since 2007 and over 45,000 miles with no damage. We really like it
[image]

[image]

If we carry 4 chairs, it looks like this.
[image]

I will say this, the table and chairs is slight forward of the TT front axle. It is not way behind the axles. I also have shocks and a Trail Aire rubber equalizer. The suspensions upgrades really help tame down the road bounce.

I'm not sure we could do this if the table was at the back of the camper. The bounce is more magnified back there. I can tell by the swivel rockers that move some on bad roads.

Hope this helps give you some ideas to build off of.

John


John & Cindy

2005 Ford F350 Super Duty, 4x4; 6.8L V10 with 4.10
CC, SB, Lariat & FX4 package
21,000 GCWR, 11,000 GVWR
Ford Tow Command
1,700# Reese HP hitch & HP Dual Cam
2 1/2" Towbeast Receiver

2004 Sunline Solaris T310SR
(I wish we were camping!)


LilyKing

Birmingham

New Member

Joined: 06/17/2022

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/17/22 06:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you want to change your dining booth to a table and chairs, you will need to purchase a new table and chairs. You will also need to remove the booth from your dining room. Nice Dinette Sets here - ***Link Removed***

valhalla360

No paticular place.

Senior Member

Joined: 08/19/2009

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 06/17/22 07:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've had both and prefer the dinnete. You lose a lot of storage area.

Unless there is some other reason, leave the table with posts. The table with wide base is a pain to get your feet in and out (regardless of bench or chairs).


Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV


Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Do It Yourself Modifications and Upgrades (DIY)

 > Change dining booth to table and chairs
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Do It Yourself Modifications a...


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.