Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Best sales and purchase practices?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Posting Help and Support

Open Roads Forum  >  Forum Posting Help and Support

> Best sales and purchase practices?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
piniped

Northern CA

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/19 06:03am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've had our 2006 Winnie Outlook since we ordered it. My wife says its too big for her to drive it and she wants a smaller rig.

What do most of you do before selling? Should I pay for a check up? I'm selling as-is.

If it sells, I'm looking at used 2015-2016 Winnie/Itasca Views or Navions. Looks like I might have to travel out of state. What is a normal process: with a dealer? Do you offer long distance and fly in? I know not to offer asking prices and to check with NADA.

I'll be doing a wire transfer for the contract in full... and, what can be unexpected issues when you're ready to driver off the lot and go hundreds of miles home in a "new" rig? (what about private sales? do you do a "Car Fax" for each possibility?)

Thanks in advance to any and all input!

* This post was edited 11/25/19 09:06am by piniped *

Jeff & Judy
Coco Diablo, LH Dachshund/Duck Tolling Retriever & Rosalita, Fox Terrier/street dawg mix
2006 Winnie Outlook 29B, 2006 Saturn Vue

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/19 06:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

used I,d buy from a private seller. I like to hunt for the right unit from a older person who,s lost a mate ,or just to old to go .your biggest thing going for you is time find the right rv then have a rv tech inspect it before you buy. your unit have it clean and serviced like you,d want to buy it. dirty rv,s I walk away.

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/19 07:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Clean up the old unit and get rid of clutter but otherwise, I wouldn't spend money on it (assuming no major flaws). You should have a good idea of what the condition is. If they ask about an issue be honest.

With a dealer, I wouldn't worry about wiring the money but make sure everything is done in writing (and any requirements met) before the money is wired.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2008 Copper Canyon 5er
Catalac Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and 5er

Tyler0215

Iowa

View Profile

Posted: 11/25/19 08:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Car fax is useless.
Fly and buy? No way, drive to the seller. It's much easier to say no if the unit isn't as advertised if you can drive away.
Inspect the unit yourself, or hire an independant rv service tech to inspect for you. If buying out of state use a wire transfer, get the signed title and check with the DMV if you van get a drive-away tag. Or go without plates till you get home. A signed title is usually all you need.
Remember NO SIGNED TITLE, NO MONEY CHANGES HANDS.

Lwiddis

Camping near Pearsonville, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/25/19 09:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Make sure DW will drive the new rig before you purchase it.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/25/19 02:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would NOT send the money in full either !

If it is NOT what it is advertised as, your left high and dry..

IF you need to send something, ask if you can send a fully refundable deposit ( probably not ) or send the lowest deposit they will accept.

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Forum Posting Help and Support

> Best sales and purchase practices?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Posting Help and Support

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.