Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Oxygenics Fury RV Handheld Shower
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Oxygenics Fury RV Handheld Shower

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
paddykernahan

Westland, MI

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/20 10:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JimK-NY wrote:

2012Coleman wrote:

......Read This ye self proclaimed heretic.

I read the ad. It says the shower head can use as little as 1.5 gallons/minute. Since I am looking to maintain my 1 gallon shower that gives me a total of about 45 seconds for a shower. I don't need oxygen in my shower, just a low flow so I can wet down and later rinse off without using gallons and gallons of water.

I tried one and not sure I'm convinced it is any better than a regular water saving shower head. Probably not worth the trouble to experiment and see which one uses the least amount of water.
One thing though, I noticed my shower head seemed to use more nitrogen than oxygen :-)

troubledwaters

Potomac

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/20 10:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

paddykernahan wrote:

...One thing though, I noticed my shower head seemed to use more nitrogen than oxygen :-)
You must be showering in nitous oxide. That sure would be an exciting adventure.

edatlanta

Jennings Ferry Campground-Camp Host, Akron, AL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/20 07:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I shower in dihydrogen oxide and also use 78% (approx) nitrogen.

Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

ajriding

st clair

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/20 09:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some water pumps are adjustable. You can adjust the pressure. Unless you are talking about when you use city water, then maybe you can just turn up the water pressure on the pump and get the flow you desire.

I adjust mine super low to save water in the tank.

CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/20 09:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ependydad wrote:

JimK-NY wrote:

An Oxygenics shower head uses about 1 1/2 gallon per minute. I use a shower head with a slow gentle stream. I use about a gallon for an entire shower. If you need to conserve water, an Oxygenics is a poor choice. If you are using hook ups then it doesn't matter.

How much hair do you and your family have?

If you mean on the top of my head, not very much anymore. [emoticon] I do have it everywhere else though.lol

The worst is the stuff coming out of my ears. [emoticon] I haven't figured out a good way to deal with that yet. If I use a scissors I end up cutting myself and a beard trimmer bothers me with the humming up close to my ear drums.

The girlfriend has short hair, her pre teen young grand kids have short hair. And the teenagers have short hair on the top of their heads and shave everything else these days,,, even the boys.

doxiemom11

Paris Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/17/20 04:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I understand the hair thing. I have long hair and use extra water to wet, wash, rinse if the pressure isn't good. The minor little sprays don't even get to my scalp.

ependydad

Here and there

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/19/20 03:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CavemanCharlie wrote:

ependydad wrote:

JimK-NY wrote:

An Oxygenics shower head uses about 1 1/2 gallon per minute. I use a shower head with a slow gentle stream. I use about a gallon for an entire shower. If you need to conserve water, an Oxygenics is a poor choice. If you are using hook ups then it doesn't matter.

How much hair do you and your family have?

If you mean on the top of my head, not very much anymore. [emoticon] I do have it everywhere else though.lol

The worst is the stuff coming out of my ears. [emoticon] I haven't figured out a good way to deal with that yet. If I use a scissors I end up cutting myself and a beard trimmer bothers me with the humming up close to my ear drums.

The girlfriend has short hair, her pre teen young grand kids have short hair. And the teenagers have short hair on the top of their heads and shave everything else these days,,, even the boys.

On the opposite end of the spectrum - I save water with the Oxygenics with my family even though it uses more water per minute. We are a bunch of wookies with 3 of the 4 of us having long thick hair.

We spend less time getting the shampoo out of our hair than we would with a crappy sprayer and thusly use less water.

2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

ependydad

Here and there

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/19/20 03:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

doxiemom11 wrote:

I understand the hair thing. I have long hair and use extra water to wet, wash, rinse if the pressure isn't good. The minor little sprays don't even get to my scalp.

Exactly.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Oxygenics Fury RV Handheld Shower
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.