Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Roaming RVers March 26th -29th at Skidaway Island SP
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Roaming RVers March 26th -29th at Skidaway Island SP

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
GottaRunGottaCamp

East of Atlanta, Ga.

View Profile

Posted: 12/15/19 01:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Roaming RVers would like to welcome all to come join us at Skidaway Island SP located in Savannah, GA.

This is a popular campground so get your reservations soon, I reserved campsite #38 and would suggest getting a campsite ASAP if you want to go.

Here is a little info for the campground;
Located near historic Savannah, this park borders Skidaway narrows, a part of Georgia’s Intracoastal Waterway. Trails wind through maritime forest and past salt marsh, leading to a boardwalk and observation tower. Visitors can watch for deer, fiddler crabs, raccoon, egrets and other wildlife.
A scenic campground is nestled under live oaks and Spanish moss, and some RV sites have sewer hookups. Leashed pets are allowed. Groups can enjoy privacy in their own pioneer campgrounds. Open-air picnic shelters and an enclosed group shelter are popular spots for parties, reunions and other celebrations. For cooling off during summer, Tybee Island's beaches are less than an hour away.
The park’s camper cabins offer screened porches, air conditioning, a bathroom with shower, kitchen, master bedroom and kids’ sleeping loft. Guests bring their own linens, towels, dishes and cooking utensils. Outside, visitors will find a picnic table, grill and fire ring. Pets are not allowed in camper cabins but are allowed in campsites.

This is an open rally and All Campers are welcome to come join in, for newbie’s to this group this is a gathering of all kinds of campers just for camping fun, fellowship and of course plenty of eating. We will get together Friday night for meet and greet, Saturday morning for breakfast and Saturday night for dinner with a theme and will have an outing of some kind to venture away from the campsite. So y'all come join in for a great camping adventure!
Mark & Janice
[emoticon]

GottaRunGottaCamp

East of Atlanta, Ga.

View Profile

Posted: 12/15/19 01:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is a list of attends so far;
GottaRunGottaCamp March 26 to 29th site 38
Pawpaw48 March 26 to 29th site 37
ATL_JOHN March 26th to 29th site 39
JakeJaunts March 25th to 29th site 9
Tom & Connie March 26th to 29th site 11
Noel & Betty March ?? Site 25
Larry & Terry March ?? site 1

* This post was last edited 01/22/20 05:54pm by GottaRunGottaCamp *   View edit history

Johno02

Lexington, TN USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/16/19 12:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Add Noel & Betty on Site 25.

Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)
2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and a grouchy, old, tiny dog

GottaRunGottaCamp

East of Atlanta, Ga.

View Profile

Posted: 12/16/19 01:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Johno02 wrote:

Add Noel & Betty on Site 25.

Good Deal Noel & Betty,
We look forward to meeting y'all,
That's another one to add to the attendee list, all are welcomed to come join in, the more the merrier [emoticon]
Mark & Janice
[emoticon]

ATL JOHN

Canton,GA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/10/20 10:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi all
We plan on having pulled pork for Saturday dinner
We will need sides and desserts to go along with the pulled pork

2006 Silverado 3500 CC Dually
Duramax/6spd Allison
Firestone airbags
Prodigy P3 brake control
TST 507 TPMS
2011 Heartland Bighorn 3670RL
Lippert 6PT Leveling System
Heartland Owners Club Member 1650

ATL JOHN

Canton,GA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/13/20 04:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi all
Larry and Terry will not make this one.
Here is our food list

Friday night. TBD
Sat breakfast Cheese grit casserole
Sat night. Pulled pork with baby rays on the side

We are hoping all are still planning to attend.

Pawpaw48

Locust Grove

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/19/20 05:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey all. After much consideration regarding this pandemic and my health related issues which make me more susceptible to a severe case of COVID-19, I have cancelled our reservation at Skidaway. We were hoping for something positive by now but it just isn't happening. I can't afford to catch this virus. My health, Mary's health and the health of my brother-in-law who is fighting stage 4 lung cancer are of the utmost importance to me. I take him and my sister where they need to go for treatments and doctor visits and they are relying on me.

Maybe when this current crisis passes, we can get together safely. Have fun and be safe.

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 w/ Duramax and Allison tranny.
2008 Heartland Bighorn 3100RL with TrailAire TriGlide, Ground Control Systems electric leveling, TPMS, self adjusting brakes

ATL JOHN

Canton,GA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/20/20 11:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Due to our concerns with the corona virus and have been requested that all stay in place we have decided to cancel this rally
We hope to have another rally in the future once we can get back to our normal life. Let’s hope sooner then later

ATL JOHN

Canton,GA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/20/20 11:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Due to the concern of the Corona virus we have decided to cancel this rally. We hope we can schedule a Rally in the future once the remain in your home is no longer required.

Please stay safe and keep distance to others especially our seniors and people with any health conditions

GottaRunGottaCamp

East of Atlanta, Ga.

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/20 12:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ATL JOHN wrote:

Due to the concern of the Corona virus we have decided to cancel this rally. We hope we can schedule a Rally in the future once the remain in your home is no longer required.

Please stay safe and keep distance to others especially our seniors and people with any health conditions

Thanks and Good call John, at this time we all need to stay safe!
Please pray that this COVID-19 virus will go away quickly, and let's also pray for the ones that are effected by this virus will recover.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> Roaming RVers March 26th -29th at Skidaway Island SP
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.