Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Rubber roof white wearing off
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Rubber roof white wearing off

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
C Schomer

Pueblo West, Co.

View Profile

Posted: 01/20/20 06:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've had 2 rvs with checked/peeling rubber roofs. The first one, I pressure washed and hand scrubbed it to death and recaulked. Then, recommended by a comm roofing store in Phx, used Henry 287, $65/5 gal. No primer needed after a good prep. I was in Az. another 5 years and the roof still looked like I just did it. Best things, no more chalking, held up better and it had a little no-slip texture.
I worked on my 08 all last summer, scaping off old graphics, removed and recaulked everything on the roof and the entire trailer and primed/painted all the plastic. First I pressure washed anything loose from the roof then hand scrubed the roof with Sctoch brite pad/tsp. Then another pressure wash to remove footprints, just before recoating with Henry 587... one product step up from before. It turned out beautiful. Craig

[image]

2012 Dodge dually diesel. CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WHOEVER INVENTED WORK DIDN'T HAVE AN RV!

FlatBroke

CO/AZ

View Profile

Posted: 01/21/20 09:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dodge guy wrote:

bid_time wrote:

dodge guy wrote:

wing_zealot wrote:

Do you know you're not suppose to post the same thing in more than one subforum? Clicky

Except that I don't go n the 5th wheel forum. I see no problem with posting it in more than one Forum......within reason.
Click the button on the top right that says "Forum Rules" and read the second rule.

Again, I don't go into he 5th wheel Forum. So posting it in 2 different ones makes sense so other people will see it. It one of those "rules" that needs to be done away with.

Forum police tattletales, and we wonder why this forum is losing its posters. I read about a tenth of the posts. What wrong with folks want to make sure folks will see their question?

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Rubber roof white wearing off
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.