Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Need parts for a 2013 Coachmen Mirada
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Need parts for a 2013 Coachmen Mirada

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
RCabanas

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/20 12:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I need to replace the electric compartment door on my 2013 Coachmen Mirada (I'm the guy who closed the rear slide with the electric compartment door open yesterday.) The door frame was demolished as was the hinge. The door itself is somehow OK and looks like it could be used.

Preliminary information I have obtained from a dealer is that the door, hinge and frame are are purchased as a one piece item. The door comes unpainted so it needs to be painted. (Luckily for me, there are no decals in this area of my RV.)

Seems to me if I can get the part from the dealer as he describes - in one piece - then installation should be pretty simple......just screw the frame in. I am hoping the door could be ordered pre-painted from the factory or at least that the dealer could paint it at his shop before I pick it up.

Has anyone had similar experiences, and how did you go about completing the repairs? Feedback appreciated.
Bob Cabanas

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/20 05:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

if you find the part? your real lucky. things change over night.

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/20 06:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You should be able to find the door easily. The install is easy. Forget Coachmen painting it if you buy it through them, most likely an exercise in frustration.

I would not put much faith in having an RV dealer paint it either. They would probably have some prior french fry technician spray it with a rattle can lol. Not many RV dealers that I know of do paint, other that spraying some black Krylon on over the rust of a rusty A frame with no prep.

Get the door and take it to a local body shop, take your checkbook. The paint will probably be more than the cost of the door.

* This post was edited 01/22/20 09:49am by GDS-3950BH *

enblethen

Moses Lake, WA

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/20 06:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Try Colaw
Measure your compartment before calling. I was able to get replacement from them that was even the same color.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Need parts for a 2013 Coachmen Mirada
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.