Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Maryland/ Delaware Area
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Maryland/ Delaware Area

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
ependydad

Here and there

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/31/20 09:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Veebyes wrote:

ependydad wrote:

What about Cherry Hill and exploring DC?

Because DC is at least 2 hrs from the Bay Bridge & Eastern Shore & is a trip unto itself.

Right, I was saying make it the trip. I thought the OP was asking for locations in Maryland or Delaware.

2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

schlep1967

Harrisburg, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/31/20 10:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For a smaller park with a great bass fishing/kayaking lake we like Island Resort Campground. Very reasonable rates and about 25 minutes from Ocean City.
If you are looking for something a little more inland, we just booked the 4th of July weekend at Trap Pond State Park in Delaware. It's just north of Salisbury, Md.

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
2009 Open Range 385RLS
Pull-Rite Super Glide

schlep1967

Harrisburg, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/31/20 10:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

spoon059 wrote:

What type of things are you looking for? Castaways is a resort type park. Massey's Landing is up in Delaware, its right on the Rehoboth Bay, but it requires a drive to the beach. That's a resort park.

Massey's Landing has gone off the deep end with their prices. Just looked at July. Lowest price I saw was $139 a night. Just booked at Trap Pond State Park for 3 nights and it cost just over $100.

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/31/20 02:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

schlep1967 wrote:

spoon059 wrote:

What type of things are you looking for? Castaways is a resort type park. Massey's Landing is up in Delaware, its right on the Rehoboth Bay, but it requires a drive to the beach. That's a resort park.

Massey's Landing has gone off the deep end with their prices. Just looked at July. Lowest price I saw was $139 a night. Just booked at Trap Pond State Park for 3 nights and it cost just over $100.

Drove threw Massey's Landing last year and Trap Pond. We stay at Delaware Seashore State Park and was looking to see if anything could compare in our eyes...
Agreed that Massey's landing is ridiculously expensive, and Trap Pond was nice, but a ride to the beach...

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

spoon059

Just north of D.C.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/31/20 02:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ford truck guy wrote:

schlep1967 wrote:

Drove threw Massey's Landing last year and Trap Pond. We stay at Delaware Seashore State Park and was looking to see if anything could compare in our eyes...
Agreed that Massey's landing is ridiculously expensive, and Trap Pond was nice, but a ride to the beach...

I've never been, its not my cup of tea. I have friends who have gone and liked it. We LOVE Delaware Seashore and want to try Cape Henlopen now that they have electric sites.

2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Maryland/ Delaware Area
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.