Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: RV Lifestyle: Karaoke & Sing-along around Campfires
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

 > Karaoke & Sing-along around Campfires

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
BobsYourUncle

Calgary Alberta Canada

Senior Member

Joined: 12/12/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/24/20 06:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dogs are the worst critics....
[emoticon]


2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ
Dmax/Allison

1997 Triple E Topaz 27' Bunkhouse TT

I do
Precision Guesswork
based on
Vague Assumptions
&
Unreliable Data of Dubious Accuracy
provided by persons of
Questionable Intellectual Capacity

Now, What would you like done?


Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/24/20 08:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SpeakEasy wrote:

I always travel with my guitar. I'm always trying to improve my playing, which means I have to "practice" every day. When camping, I generally bring the guitar outside.

Years ago, I was playing next to a campfire at Yellowstone, in the Norris Basin campground. At a minute past 8:00PM the host came over and told me to knock it off, because it was now "quiet hours." Sheesh.

Last spring, at a campsite in Fort DeSoto Park Campground near St. Petersburg FL, the neighbor's dog howled (inside their RV) every time I was playing. Again - sheesh.

I'm a pretty good guitarist, although the evidence in these two stories would suggest otherwise.

I'm always happy when someone stops by and enjoys the music or joins in.

-Speak


I will stop around if I see you playing. Promise, I won't bark or howl. I'll just hum along if you don't mind.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/24/20 08:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BobsYourUncle wrote:

Dogs are the worst critics....
[emoticon]


Mine would how on my Don McLean, bark on John Denver and cover his ears on Simon & Garfunkle.

Some day I'll hit the right note -- or singer.

BobsYourUncle

Calgary Alberta Canada

Senior Member

Joined: 12/12/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/24/20 10:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

BobsYourUncle wrote:

Dogs are the worst critics....
[emoticon]


Mine would how on my Don McLean, bark on John Denver and cover his ears on Simon & Garfunkle.

Some day I'll hit the right note -- or singer.

Don't try Metallica....
[emoticon]

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/25/20 10:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BobsYourUncle wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

BobsYourUncle wrote:

Dogs are the worst critics....
[emoticon]


Mine would how on my Don McLean, bark on John Denver and cover his ears on Simon & Garfunkle.

Some day I'll hit the right note -- or singer.

Don't try Metallica....
[emoticon]


He'll probably go completely nuts -- or suicidal. [emoticon]

On one hand, he might think it's just my wife screaming on me to take out the garbage for the nth time.

winniman

muskoka Ontario

Senior Member

Joined: 01/26/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/25/20 03:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

B.O. Plenty wrote:

We were at a campground parked next to the Rec building. On Friday nights they had Karoke. Some of the worst singers I ever heard. I couldn't wait til it was over. There are enough bad singers that are professionals, this bunch was just awful. One of those things I will never understand.
B.O.


Posted By: Gulfcoast on 01/31/20 07:10pm
I like quiet camping.... people like different things.
* This post was edited 01/31/20 07:33pm by Gulfcoast *


I have played guitar for close to 40 years, and my ex was a professional country singer. If we were boondock camping we would jam it up. Too many people like the posts above at campgrounds to make any kind of noise, so we seldom ever did.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/26/20 09:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

winniman wrote:

B.O. Plenty wrote:

We were at a campground parked next to the Rec building. On Friday nights they had Karoke. Some of the worst singers I ever heard. I couldn't wait til it was over. There are enough bad singers that are professionals, this bunch was just awful. One of those things I will never understand.
B.O.


Posted By: Gulfcoast on 01/31/20 07:10pm
I like quiet camping.... people like different things.
* This post was edited 01/31/20 07:33pm by Gulfcoast *


I have played guitar for close to 40 years, and my ex was a professional country singer. If we were boondock camping we would jam it up. Too many people like the posts above at campgrounds to make any kind of noise, so we seldom ever did.


I hope you'll do it too in regular campgrounds. As long as you don't spill into quiet time, those who likes quiet camping has no right to complain.

mdcamping

CT

Senior Member

Joined: 03/04/2007

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 03/10/20 06:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SpeakEasy wrote:

I always travel with my guitar. I'm always trying to improve my playing, which means I have to "practice" every day. When camping, I generally bring the guitar outside.

Years ago, I was playing next to a campfire at Yellowstone, in the Norris Basin campground. At a minute past 8:00PM the host came over and told me to knock it off, because it was now "quiet hours." Sheesh.

Last spring, at a campsite in Fort DeSoto Park Campground near St. Petersburg FL, the neighbor's dog howled (inside their RV) every time I was playing. Again - sheesh.

I'm a pretty good guitarist, although the evidence in these two stories would suggest otherwise.

I'm always happy when someone stops by and enjoys the music or joins in.

-Speak


I'd join in too but I can't carry a tune. but I'd stop by with a couple of cold beers as I am a good listener! [emoticon]

Mike

* This post was edited 03/10/20 06:53pm by an administrator/moderator *


07 Toyota Tacoma,Double Cab, Max Towing 6,500lbs GCWR 11,100lbs
2011 Jayco X20E, Pro Series 800lb Weight Distributing Hitch
Husky Sway Bar, Prodigy Electronic Brake Control
McKesh Mirrors. "Towing with 200K"

Where we have camped


Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

 > Karaoke & Sing-along around Campfires
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.