Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Would You Camp at a Place Like This??
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Would You Camp at a Place Like This??

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Next
HadEnough

Traveling. Always.

View Profile

Posted: 02/06/20 06:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Would you camp at a place like this?

*Quiet, Private land holding only one or 2 other RVs, if any. You might have the whole thing to yourself.

*Full Hookups, but absolutely no facilities. Just your campsite.

*Within an hour (or even much less) of major destinations like the beach, Disney, a big city, or other attractions. Grocery stores close by too.

*Same price as a big, crowded campground with pools and neighbors packed in next to you. $50-$80 a night depending on location.

Basically, very private, relaxing camping instead of being in a small village of RVs with all the commotion and neighbors.

Please tell me why you would or wouldn't like this. If you'd use it or not.

Thank you!

tdiller

usa

View Profile

Posted: 02/06/20 06:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would not use it. If it's the same price as the KOA with all the amenities, I'll take the KOA. Now if the price were half that of the KOA I would use it.
I mostly stay at COE campgrounds anyway and don't need or want to pay for the pool and arcade or onsite store. Plus with my America the Beautiful pass I pay about half the going rate of COE campgrounds.

JoeH

Apollo Beach,FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/06/20 06:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would not be interested.... If I wanted to be near a beach or other destination, I don't want to drive an hour to get there, plus why pay the $$'s for no facilities other than hookups/

Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/06/20 06:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That price with no amenities and an hour away from everything? Nope. I'll pay good money if I get something for it. I suspect those that want solitude will boondock.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

HadEnough

Traveling. Always.

View Profile

Posted: 02/06/20 06:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the input so far. I did try to check the local KOA to see what the rate was to see if half that rate would work.

They have no available spots for the next 6 weeks so the rates aren't showing.

Anyone know what, say, the KOA in Fort Myers, FL costs?

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/06/20 07:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Probably not, I use my trailer as a base to see other things in the area. I want to be near the areas I want to visit. I'm not in the trailer that much so neighbors don't pose a issue.

HadEnough

Traveling. Always.

View Profile

Posted: 02/06/20 07:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And ok. What if the private spot was much closer to the attractions? Closer than the KOA?

Campfire Time

Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 02/06/20 07:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Full hookups and no crowded sardine can campsites. In other words privacy and quiet. An hour drive is no big deal. Go anywhere away from cities in most states and everything is an hour drive from most CGs anyways. Could be worth it. Are there any reviews on these?

No WiFi would be somewhat of an issue. Otherwise most other amenities are just fluff. Even when our daughter was a kid we stayed away from tourist traps like KOAs. State parks and COAs were always the preference.

Chuck D.
“Adventure is just bad planning.” - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid, 2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71

HadEnough

Traveling. Always.

View Profile

Posted: 02/06/20 07:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Campfire Time wrote:

Full hookups and no crowded sardine can campsites. In other words privacy and quiet. An hour drive is no big deal. Go anywhere away from cities in most states and everything is an hour drive from most CGs anyways. Could be worth it. Are there any reviews on these?

No WiFi would be somewhat of an issue. Otherwise most other amenities are just fluff. Even when our daughter was a kid we stayed away from tourist traps like KOAs. State parks and COAs were always the preference.

Sorry. WiFi included. Private and very fast wifi, unlike typical campground WiFi with 600 people on it. Streaming movies no problem.

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/06/20 07:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I didn't build a bathroom in my van conversion - I need a campground shower....LOL!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Would You Camp at a Place Like This??
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.