Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Best Full Time Living Travel Trailer?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> Best Full Time Living Travel Trailer?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Jaygonz

Columbus ohio

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/20 03:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello,

I am in search of the best quality and most reliable travel trailer for full time living. The travel trailer I am looking for must be around 25' not much less or more, I also need to be able to get an artic package on it for all 4 seasons, and of course, I need it to be able to withstand full time year round living!

Thanks in advance!

Lwiddis

Kern County, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/09/20 04:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Even with the “best” trailer and four season package, winter camping requires lots of effort, propane and electricity. Airstream would be the choice of many for “best.” Oliver and Bigfoot might have an edge in cold weather but the Olivers are narrow. Which trailers has your research shown meet your requirements?

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

romore

Okanagan valley British Columbia

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/20 07:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You are asking a lot, they are not designed to be lived in full time. Many do it but they make a lot of sacrifices. In cold climates you will go through a LOT of propane, water pipes tend to freeze etc etc. Will the trailer be parked so you can skirt it? One Ohio winter will adjust your priorities.[emoticon]

TenOC

On the road -- Full time

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/09/20 08:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Get the floor plan that works with lots of storage

Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

Second Chance

Wherever...

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/09/20 08:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Arctic" packages are a euphemism. If you want a TT that is a bit better suited to the cold than some of the others, look at Arctic Fox. All of the mainstream manufacturers use the same appliances and fittings, and many of the same components such as slides, axles, suspension, etc. You pay your money and roll the dice.

Rob

U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS and disc brakes
Solar
(Previously 4 yrs, 9 mos full-time in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

DallasSteve

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/20 09:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jaygonz

It seems that RV manufacturers avoid saying that you can use their trailers for full time living because of warranty concerns. If you live in them full time then more things are going to break and they will have more warranty expense. One of the trailer makers I like best is Grand Design ever since I sat in one at an RV show. They used to say that their trailers were suitable for full time use. I checked today and now they have changed their website to say their trailers are "Extended Stay Approved". What does that mean? Who knows? I think it means if you live in them full time you don't get free warranty service if something breaks. Below is a link to that page.

Grand Design - Full-Time Living

Steve

Edit: I don't think the Weight Police here at this forum will approve that truck to pull that fifth wheel at the top of that page.

Lwiddis

Kern County, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/20 11:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gee, Jaygonz, what four season TTs have considered?

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/20 04:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is no answer to this question. Sorry! Do your DD as best you can. Dig deep. Ask way too many questions. If they can't answer, don't buy.
There ARE good full time 4 season RV's out there but outside of class A's, they are few and far between.

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Second Chance

Wherever...

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/10/20 04:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are MANY of us living full-time in our Grand Design RVs. On either of the brand-specific forums, I've never seen anything about anyone having warranty issues because they are full-time. GD has authorized warranty repairs for us on several occasions - and they know we are full-timers.

Rob

kellem

Shenandoah valley,VA

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/20 07:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Possibly some glass half full perspectives here.....an RV is an RV is an Rv.

The wife and I travel year around in our TT and don't see much difficulty in sub temps,we're prepared and educated in these conditions.

We have heated underbelly and always 2 full tanks of Propane, carry RV antifreeze for those emergencies, winterize on location if need be.

Full hookups with ceramic heater is ideal.
RV fully stocked incase of snow storm, generator backup.....preperation is everything.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> Best Full Time Living Travel Trailer?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.