Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Insurance Denying Claims
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Insurance Denying Claims

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
jenniechase

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/20 03:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I changed an old van by myself to make it like a motorhome as it was very expensive to buy the complete range of products so I used ***Link Removed***Free Shipping codes so this helped me so much now I am parked near the university of Orlando, You guys are always welcome to be my guest.

Bobbo

Wherever I park

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/15/20 07:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jenniechase wrote:

I changed an old van by myself to make it like a motorhome as it was very expensive to buy the complete range of products so I used ***Link Removed***Free Shipping codes so this helped me so much now I am parked near the university of Orlando, You guys are always welcome to be my guest.

Can you say "masked advertisement post"? This is why new posters can't post links. I tried to notify the moderators, but a system error wouldn't let me.

Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Eric&Lisa

Scappoose, OR

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/20 11:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OP registering, posting, and disappearing. Then another new rando dropping a marketing link. Methinks us regulars got hoodwinked by the whole thread.

As a forum, I suggest we keep a sharper eye out for new posters and don't hesitate to call them out on their first posts. For example, maybe the first reply on this thread could have been something like...

"Welcome to the forum, good to have you along. I see you have just registered and are dealing with a specific problem. Can you post some pictures so we can better understand what you are up against?"

I think the nature of this community is to be helpful, and we jump right in when someone posts a problem. I am suggesting we take a quick look at that "Joined" date. If is the same day as their first post (particularly if it is a controversial, inflammatory, or one-sided post), we should dig a bit deeper in to the New Member before putting a lot of effort in to solving their problem.

Just my $.02
-Eric

Eric & Lisa - Oregon
'97 Silverado K2500, New HT383 motor!, Airbags, anti-sway bar
'03 Lance model 1030, generator, solar,

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/20 11:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^ Who's put any effort into fixing the disappearing OPs issue?
And who cares? Too many busy body's...

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

SpeakEasy

Western New York

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/20 12:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Eric&Lisa wrote:

OP registering, posting, and disappearing. Then another new rando dropping a marketing link. Methinks us regulars got hoodwinked by the whole thread.

As a forum, I suggest we keep a sharper eye out for new posters and don't hesitate to call them out on their first posts. For example, maybe the first reply on this thread could have been something like...

"Welcome to the forum, good to have you along. I see you have just registered and are dealing with a specific problem. Can you post some pictures so we can better understand what you are up against?"

I think the nature of this community is to be helpful, and we jump right in when someone posts a problem. I am suggesting we take a quick look at that "Joined" date. If is the same day as their first post (particularly if it is a controversial, inflammatory, or one-sided post), we should dig a bit deeper in to the New Member before putting a lot of effort in to solving their problem.

Just my $.02
-Eric

I "sort of" understand where you're coming from Eric. But I have to tell you, this forum is not exactly friendly or welcoming to new members already. I hope people won't become even more unwelcoming.

-Speak

It's just Mrs. SpeakEasy and me now (empty-nesters). But we can choose from among 7 grandchildren to drag along with us!

2014 F-150 Super Crew Short Bed 3.5L Ecoboost
2014 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB

pitch

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/20 07:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Eric&Lisa, your idea sucks, really sucks.
You want to challenge every new poster as to their bona fides?
I have been posting for 15 years,and with out a doubt this forum is filthy with armchair experts, weight police, RV DOT,rule makers, rule breakers,petty tyrants,and know it alls.

Ten years ago,you could not keep up with the daily posts,now? Some threads go several days with out an exchange.

Do we see the same questions over and over? Of course,none of us was born with an RV coming out of our butt. There is a learning curve,and we all learn at a different pace.
Spend a day glancing thru responses and ask yourself, Why would a newby subject himself to "google is your friend" ,"one post and gone"

"troll question"
and even worse.
The forum employs moderators to do just that. If you are a frustrated moderater wannabee, please start your own forum where you can be God!

ajriding

st clair

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/20 09:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My transmission went out on my 30 year old car. I have insurance but they will not pay for a new transmission. Can I sue?
STUPID question.

BUT, I am curious what this crack is. The description makes no sense, any photos?
Sounds like a crack in the outer paneling which would barely cost the deductible to repair (though I know RV shops charge huge amounts for simple things)

badsix

north bend or.

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/20 10:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pitch wrote:

I have been posting for 15 years,and with out a doubt this forum is filthy with armchair experts, weight police, RV DOT,rule makers, rule breakers,petty tyrants,and know it alls.

Ten years ago,you could not keep up with the daily posts,now? Some threads go several days with out an exchange.

Do we see the same questions over and over? Of course,none of us was born with an RV coming out of our butt. There is a learning curve,and we all learn at a different pace.
Spend a day glancing thru responses and ask yourself, Why would a newby subject himself to "google is your friend" ,"one post and gone"

"troll question"
and even worse.
The forum employs moderators to do just that. If you are a frustrated moderater wannabee, please start your own forum where you can be God!

ABSOLUTLY CORRECT! Speakeasy to
Jay D.

ReneeG

Meridian, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/20 02:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pitch wrote:

"troll question"
and even worse.

Well said!!!

2011 Bighorn 3055RL
2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley BD3
1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica and Mabel, both Rat Terriers!

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/20 08:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I want to know how you got the word "sucks" to post without being bleeped out! Or maybe it is just the word suck.
Will see once I hit the reply button....

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Insurance Denying Claims
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.