Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Insurance Denying Claims
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Insurance Denying Claims

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/17/20 08:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^ Guess the filters are sleeping or they've changed!

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/17/20 09:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is the other reason to avoid extended warranties. Take it back to the salesman that made the promise and see what he says....

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

azpete

paulden

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/19/20 11:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

boy would you see a disappearing act by the salesman. really though, this is a stress crack. thats all. as a former service manager, i have seen this in trailers, 5th wheels, and all kind of rv's..
if its stated on the original factory warranty, as structural damage, the mfg will look at it says you took it off road, and its not covered. especially because of the age.
the dealer will give him an estimate for the repair. the insurance company will deny it calling it structural damage..
so it falls to the owner to repair it. a small strip to cover the crack would suffice for me, especially because of the cost.

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 02/19/20 12:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The OP is long gone...for good reasons.
His simple question was...
**Has anyone dealt with insurance on similar matters? Does anyone know a lawyer that may be able to help me out with a letter to the insurance company to get them to reverse their decision to deny the claim.**

The first poster gave him his answer. The rest of us didn't.

* This post was edited 02/19/20 12:28pm by JIMNLIN *

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Dabernathy8181

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/19/20 05:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks to everyone for all the replies. I got side tracked with replying, lot of stuff going on and to top it off I'm likely gonna have to come up with some serious money to fix the issues. I've dropped the RV off at another facility to see if they have another angle to approach. Most of the initial answers were that insurance is a scam and the Manufacturer might as well be located on Pluto. If I can figure out how to post Pics I'll throw some up.

Dabernathy8181

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/19/20 05:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Get Outlook for Android

badsix

north bend or.

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/20 10:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=2 USE THIS FOR YOUR PICTURES
Jay D..

wilber1

Abbotsford B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/20 11:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't know about cracks but extended warrantees don't cover delamitation.

* This post was edited 02/20/20 05:05pm by wilber1 *

"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

beemerphile1

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 02/20/20 07:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dabernathy8181 wrote:

I have a 2012 Cyclone Toyhauler. The worst RV that I've ever owned. I am currently in a struggle with my insurance about a crack in the sidewall by the bedroom slide that they are denying.

Has anyone dealt with insurance on similar matters? Does anyone know a lawyer that may be able to help me out with a letter to the insurance company to get them to reverse their decision to deny the claim. I have full coverage, denied because they believe that t was caused by a user maintenance issue.

The crack started at the bedroom slide and has started to work its way towards the front of the camper. the crack has allowed moisture to penetrate the exterior structure and has caused delamination in this area now. There are no user maintainable seals in this area.

Dabernathy8181 wrote:

Thanks to everyone for all the replies. I got side tracked with replying, lot of stuff going on and to top it off I'm likely gonna have to come up with some serious money to fix the issues. I've dropped the RV off at another facility to see if they have another angle to approach. Most of the initial answers were that insurance is a scam and the Manufacturer might as well be located on Pluto. If I can figure out how to post Pics I'll throw some up.

It isn't clear if you are referring to an extended warranty/service contract or auto insurance. If the latter, you're out of luck unless this is the result of an accident.

Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

BarneyS

S.E. Lower Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/21/20 09:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dabernathy8181 wrote:

If you will follow these directions exactly, it is very easy to post pictures on our forums. One of our moderators, 1492, developed this photo posting app to post your pictures. It works for other internet sites also. There is no need to have a separate hosting site for your pictures in order to use it.

It is very simple to use.
1. Upload your picture from your computer to the app.
2. Copy the resulting URL.
3. Paste that URL into your post without ANY changes. No additions or deletions.
Your picture will then appear in your post and be properly sized for use on our forums.[emoticon]
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Insurance Denying Claims
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.