Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Load Range G Tires
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Load Range G Tires

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/20 05:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RAS43 wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

blofgren wrote:

I believe I paid $1200 CDN out the door for the Sailuns and the G614's would have been well North of $2000. That's a considerable amount of money that could be used for travelling. I already pay for an insurance policy on the fiver so having 2 doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

Not sure how your insurance works in the GreatWhiteNorth but down here a claim like that may cause rates to increase.

Not usually for a comprehensive (non collision) claim.

You are moving. Don't think that gets Comp.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/20 05:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you hit a deer, it's Comp, but it's not if you swerve to miss the deer and hit a tree. [emoticon] Then it's collision. I think a flat doing damage to your trailer would fall under comprehensive. JMO of course.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/15/20 06:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

If you hit a deer, it's Comp, but it's not if you swerve to miss the deer and hit a tree. [emoticon] Then it's collision. I think a flat doing damage to your trailer would fall under comprehensive. JMO of course.

Can't speak for the deer, but my insurance...comp definitely pays for tire damage, even moving at speed! [emoticon]

Jerry

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/15/20 10:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

RAS43 wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

blofgren wrote:

I believe I paid $1200 CDN out the door for the Sailuns and the G614's would have been well North of $2000. That's a considerable amount of money that could be used for travelling. I already pay for an insurance policy on the fiver so having 2 doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

Not sure how your insurance works in the GreatWhiteNorth but down here a claim like that may cause rates to increase.

Not usually for a comprehensive (non collision) claim.

You are moving. Don't think that gets Comp.

Nice try , but it’s comp. Same if you get bad fuel and that cp4 in your new ram when you get it takes out your fuel system

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/15/20 10:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Greenball has a shorter ST235/80R16 LRG

https://www.greenballtires.com/brands/greenball/tow-master-asc

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/20 06:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you are polite and firm with Goodyear, they tend to pay for trailer damage. They will first offer to pay your deducible. But politely saying that you do not believe your insurance company should pay for most to the damage their tire caused works for many.

Or just buy Sailun S637s and have a lot less failures. Chris

2015 RAM 3500 CC SB SRW Our Rig New 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Commuter trailer 2019 Laredo 225MK. Retired and enjoying it!

edatlanta

Jennings Ferry Campground-Camp Host, Akron, AL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/20 06:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

For a double axle, the price is $600 vs $1100, for a triple axle $1600 vs $940. Considering the quality seems to be about the same, with maybe a couple more isues with the Goodyear, it pretty much boils down to price.

Personally I'd rather spend the money to travel.

I had rather spend money on tires I believe in and trust. G614's here and the next set will be the same. YMMV

Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

CALandLIN

SC

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/20 07:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CoMoCo wrote:

I currently have Goodyear G614 tires on our fifth wheel (see signature). This is what came on the trailer when we bought it new in 2013. I am looking at new tires and am trying to understand why the G614 tires (235/85R16) have a diameter of 30.7 inches whereas all other 235/85R16 tires have a diameter of 31.7 inches.

If I switch tire brands I don't know if a 1 inch larger tire will fit in my wheel wells.

Does anyone know why the Goodyear G614 tires have a smaller diameter than every other tire brand? Even the Goodyear Endurance 235/85R16 has a diameter of 31.7 inches. (I have no intention of dropping to an E range tire - the Endurance is just an example).

Thanks for any input.

When in doubt, just measure your trailer's axle spacing, center to center. Dexter says 1" clearance is the minimum spacing for tires on their axles. I don't know about others.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/20 08:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

edatlanta wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

For a double axle, the price is $600 vs $1100, for a triple axle $1600 vs $940. Considering the quality seems to be about the same, with maybe a couple more isues with the Goodyear, it pretty much boils down to price.

Personally I'd rather spend the money to travel.

I had rather spend money on tires I believe in and trust. G614's here and the next set will be the same. YMMV
I absolutely agree. Which is one of the reasons I have the Sailun tires. I think I read about a Sailun failure but couldn't swear to it. But I know I've read about Goodyear failures. I base the quality of the tire on the number of failures/issues I've read about. In that regard the Sailun wins hands down.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/20 08:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Or just buy Sailun S637s and have a lot less failures"

I am NOT saying you are wrong, BUT like my friend tells me "prove it".

Show GY "G" and "H" tire sales numbers and Sailun's. Then show NON road hazard claims. Unless you do that it's all OPINION.

Who had a road hazard on a ENDURANCE and GY replaced the tire??? [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Load Range G Tires
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.