Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Ford MSRP discount
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Ford MSRP discount

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
philh

Belleville MI

Senior Member

Joined: 05/11/2015

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/25/20 07:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

X Plan pricing on a prior model year is awful price.

I'll renew my call that you go in on the last sales day of the month. That is the best chance for a deal. I'd support making sure they have your phone number, make them an offer of no more than 55k, and when it's rejected, walk out, no games no discussion, walk out. Do it early in the day, and actually take up some of their time with a drive, talking about the options, look it over.

MitchF150

Puyallup, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 07/13/2002

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/25/20 09:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It might not actually have been on the lot all that long? What is the build date on the door jamb?

I got my 13 F150 brand new in January 2014. The build date is 10/13 and it's a 13. Got it for $10k under sticker and felt lucky to get it!

Have no plans on selling or trading it anytime soon, so don't get all in that whole "it's a year old before you bought it".. It was maybe 3 months old from the build date... Bought my 2019 Rockwood in July of 2019 when the 2020's were already out.. Got a hell of deal on it too! Well, at least for me..

Anyway, if it's a truck you want and has the features you want and it's a price you can accept, then don't let a bunch of interweb goofs tell you otherwise... Who cares if they could have gotten it for 25% off.. You get it for what you can get it for and go from there.

Sure, low ball 'em.. All they can say is no, or they might say yes.. Dunno..

Anyway, go with your gut (or your sons gut) and go from there... The dealer ain't gonna give it away, until it's costing them more to keep it then unload it...

Good luck!

Mitch

[image]


2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

PA12DRVR

Back in God's Country

Senior Member

Joined: 09/17/2003

View Profile



Posted: 02/26/20 09:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

..or the OP could simply decide what the pickup is worth to him, and I'd suggest new pickups (whether Ford, Dodge, or Chevy) are vast improvements over prior generations, and offer that number for the vehicle.

If they take it, great. If they don't, then they want more for it than it's worth to the OP.


CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

Hammerboy

Zeeland, MI

Senior Member

Joined: 02/13/2004

View Profile



Posted: 02/26/20 09:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

While mine is not a Ford but a Chevy, last October when the new 2020's were starting to show up on the lots and there was still good selection available on the 2019's, I picked up mine for $13k under the $69k sticker. I was happy with what I paid and it is almost exactly how I would have ordered it. I did travel 2 1/2 hours to the selling dealer though to find what I wanted.

I would think you could get at least that or better now that the 2020's are in full force.

Dan


2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

bid_time

Michigan

Senior Member

Joined: 08/18/2006

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/26/20 10:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hammerboy wrote:

While mine is not a Ford but a Chevy, last October when the new 2020's were starting to show up on the lots and there was still good selection available on the 2019's, I picked up mine for $13k under the $69k sticker. I was happy with what I paid and it is almost exactly how I would have ordered it. I did travel 2 1/2 hours to the selling dealer though to find what I wanted.

I would think you could get at least that or better now that the 2020's are in full force.

Dan
How much of that $13K was incentives?





Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/06/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/26/20 10:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MitchF150 wrote:

It might not actually have been on the lot all that long? What is the build date on the door jamb?

I got my 13 F150 brand new in January 2014. The build date is 10/13 and it's a 13. Got it for $10k under sticker and felt lucky to get it!

Have no plans on selling or trading it anytime soon, so don't get all in that whole "it's a year old before you bought it".. It was maybe 3 months old from the build date... Bought my 2019 Rockwood in July of 2019 when the 2020's were already out.. Got a hell of deal on it too! Well, at least for me..

Anyway, if it's a truck you want and has the features you want and it's a price you can accept, then don't let a bunch of interweb goofs tell you otherwise... Who cares if they could have gotten it for 25% off.. You get it for what you can get it for and go from there.

Sure, low ball 'em.. All they can say is no, or they might say yes.. Dunno..



^This. Maybe the year old on the lot thing is a real consideration for folks who are sitting in front of the car salesman at the dealer every few years haggling on how much the dealer isn't going to give them on a trade in of their low mile creampuff.
But unless the "year old" vehicle doesn't have some key features that a current model year does, that are important to you or actually important on resale (6 speed vs 10 speed trans is a good example, maybe, 11 way heated seats vs 10 way heated seats is not, imo) then it's a moot point if you're keeping the vehicle a good length of time or miles.
Sure, it's a bargaining chip 'cause last years cars are discounted just like yesterdays bread. But they still perform the exact same function just as well if they don't fall into the paragraph above's good example.

So that means the difference between the model going out and the one coming in (apples to apples only) is virtually nothing once it's depreciated out.
It sat outside for a year? Who cares. If you're going to garage it and baby it, it will still be in way better condition than the one that sits out for the next 10 years. If you don't wash it and let it sit out, again, who cares, it will be degraded just like the others that weren't cared for.

Old fuel, old def, old whatever....whatever.

Having only bought 2 brand new vehicles in my lifetime (by choice), bought one in Feb of the current model year and 5 years and 140k miles later, shining like a pretty penny, it fetched way less than I'd hoped when we sold it.
Last one is a 2016 model, bought Xmas 2017, build date early 2016. Real stale bread there!
Aside from some nasty water spots that the dealer offered to remove but I declined letting them take a buffer to a brand new paint job, the car has had zero issues that could possibly be attributed to sitting on the car lot for over a year and a half. And only 1 issue in the last 2 years and the 3 year warranty has most of a year left.

$14k+ off the sticker, no haggling, was over $10k less than you could buy a new SRT8 for and about $2k more than low mile used.
AND, there were zero changes between the 16 and 18 models that I could find save for seat colors/stitching and the addition of Car Play.

Do I care that it is a '16 and not an '18? Well, if I sold it today, it would fetch a couple grand less than the newer model (not $10k), same low miles based on what I've seen. Will it be ANY different in 5, 7, 10 years from now? NOPE


"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Hammerboy

Zeeland, MI

Senior Member

Joined: 02/13/2004

View Profile



Posted: 02/26/20 10:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bid_time wrote:

Hammerboy wrote:

While mine is not a Ford but a Chevy, last October when the new 2020's were starting to show up on the lots and there was still good selection available on the 2019's, I picked up mine for $13k under the $69k sticker. I was happy with what I paid and it is almost exactly how I would have ordered it. I did travel 2 1/2 hours to the selling dealer though to find what I wanted.

I would think you could get at least that or better now that the 2020's are in full force.

Dan
How much of that $13K was incentives?


If memory serves me I think it was between $5-6K.

Dan

sayoung

Tx

Senior Member

Joined: 09/17/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 02/26/20 03:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hammerboy wrote:

bid_time wrote:

Hammerboy wrote:

While mine is not a Ford but a Chevy, last October when the new 2020's were starting to show up on the lots and there was still good selection available on the 2019's, I picked up mine for $13k under the $69k sticker. I was happy with what I paid and it is almost exactly how I would have ordered it. I did travel 2 1/2 hours to the selling dealer though to find what I wanted.

I would think you could get at least that or better now that the 2020's are in full force.

Dan
How much of that $13K was incentives?


If memory serves me I think it was between $5-6K.

Dan

I stopped and looked at a 20 Chevy 2500 and the sales guy I have been buying thru since 82 told me right now on the 3/4-1 ton no incentives from Chevy.
I was just looking but I think my 2012 3500 is lookin real good. I really don't know about what our son is going to do. He is thriftier than me and this morning tried one more time to deal on that new left over 19 Ford. They wouldn't budge off 64 & TTL so in his best Attorney court room voice, told them to shove it in a very polite way.

ExxWhy

Ohio

Senior Member

Joined: 11/24/2010

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/26/20 06:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is a $2000 incentive on 2020 Chevy 2500/3500 right now. Ford has a $1250 with financing offer on 19's.





Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > Ford MSRP discount
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.