Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Ford MSRP discount
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Ford MSRP discount

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/20 10:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

$6k is not enough of a discount to blink an eye on a 1 year old

they can do better, much better,,, They HAVE to make room for the 2020's they will be stocking by the droves soon....

Like stated, go in and ask for a manager, make a lowball offer, prepare to haggle, and wait...

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/20 10:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree for a year old model year that is not a good deal. Ford should be offering better rebates and incentives than that to clear inventory. Go in the last day of the month and try for lowest offer. Show interest but not excitement about the truck. Be prepared to head toward the door 2-3 times to get the price to drop.
Best times to buy are last day or two of the month, last day or two of the quarter, and (best but far away) last day or two of the year. They are trying to make monthly, quarterly, and yearly quotas.
Been a few years but I bought mine at the end of a model year just before the new ones came out and I got $14,000 off sticker.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/20 11:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lwiddis wrote:

Offer $53,000...25% off...walk if the answer is anything except "yes."

Just make sure you have a good pair of shoes, Uber app or a ride waiting down the block, because 25% off aint happening unless it fell off the transport truck, got broke into by a hungry grizzly or its lavender or teal AND 2wd!

You get 25% off your Silvy?

I mean, maybe it will work, but don't get your hopes up, in a good economy on the best selling truck on the market. If you're serious and don't want to fck around for a week with salesmen don't play silly games.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

APT

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/20 11:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How much is a used 2019 as equipped worth with 5000 miles?

I would offer $50k, maybe settle at $55k. I expect to get a fresh order 2020 for at least $10k off.

A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R

BenK

SF BayArea

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/20 12:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The dealership is most likely paying against a short term loan

Ask how long it has been there...a tell is the manufacture date on the vehicles various labels and MSRP sheet. The longer it sits...the more they lose in payments to the bank

Ask to see the invoice

How many miles are on the odometer ?

Agree with others, too much and either it is spot on for the market (so it should sell fast)...or they left themselves lots of haggle room

-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/20 01:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't fall for the "invoice" pricing. That is not what a dealer pays in the end for a vehicle.

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins.
2018 Silver Fox 32A.
H0NDA eu2000i

sayoung

Tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/20 03:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Like I said I don't know jack about buyin fords. I have been a Chevy guy since 82 and I had a really good family ran dealer that would deal. I was thinking minimum 80% but closer to 75% of sticker. Regretfully they sold out to a big city dealership.
I think some dealers just don't believe there are those of us that can write a check for these overpriced hay haulers. My first new truck was a 1972 Dodge 1/2 ton, 318, auto, & air 2400 & change out the door. Times have changed.
I admit I did buy 2 new Ford vans in 90 ( what soured me on fords ) thru a plan my hvac OEM had going. Worst 2 trucks I ever had in my fleet. In shop constantly and had to be towed also. Employees can't make you no $ sitting on the side of the road waiting on a wrecker.

BenK

SF BayArea

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/20 04:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Invoice is a real piece of paper...then the various rebate, discounts, etc that the dealer receives AFTER that invoice

Those other doc's come in after...monthly, quarterly, etc depending on how well or not that dealer/dealership does.

I've never been shown anything other than that initial invoice.

Why most of my purchases of brand new are through brokers or very high volume dealerships. Or a dealer way out in the boonies

ScottG wrote:

Don't fall for the "invoice" pricing. That is not what a dealer pays in the end for a vehicle.

Mike134

Elgin

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/20 05:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Follow Bid Time's advise about X plan pricing and finding current incentives. If the dealer is honest he'll show it to you. Ford gives their dealer 3% from the MSRP so even if they sell it at "invoice" they make $1500 on a 50G truck

2019 F150 4X4 1903 payload
2018 Adventurer 21RBS 7700 GVWR.

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/20 07:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BenK wrote:

Invoice is a real piece of paper...then the various rebate, discounts, etc that the dealer receives AFTER that invoice

Those other doc's come in after...monthly, quarterly, etc depending on how well or not that dealer/dealership does.

I've never been shown anything other than that initial invoice.

Why most of my purchases of brand new are through brokers or very high volume dealerships. Or a dealer way out in the boonies

ScottG wrote:

There's a payment made to the dealer from the manufatcurer after the vehicle has been sold. Most people don't know about that. The invoice doesn't reflect this extra money the dealer is paid! So that piece of paper is a prop for the whole show that sales dept's put on.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Ford MSRP discount
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.