Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Who's the shortsighted one here
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Who's the shortsighted one here

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/20 04:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We always park as far away from the entrance as possible... We can always use that little extra walk, and we get open space on both sides so no one carelessly hits my truck opening a car door.

Altho, sometimes we get back to the truck and see folks parked on both sides in the middle of many open parking spaces on each side in back rows. Weird.

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

Fizz

Ottawa, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/20 05:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Usually the people who complain the most about walking an extra 20 ft are the ones who need it most.

pitch

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/29/20 06:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OP I will reply directly to you since most others seem to have perverted your intent.
I totally agree with you that a business using the most convenient spots just maybe counter productive.
Oddly an Auto Parts store would be an qualified exception for me.
They should have a designated stall for their parts runner who may be in and out 15 or 20 times a day.
As a manager all employees would be required to park in the less desirable spots.

NJRVer

NJ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/29/20 06:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

monkey44 wrote:

We always park as far away from the entrance as possible... We can always use that little extra walk, and we get open space on both sides so no one carelessly hits my truck opening a car door.

Altho, sometimes we get back to the truck and see folks parked on both sides in the middle of many open parking spaces on each side in back rows. Weird.

Yeah, what the heck is it with people.
Just the other day went to the grocery store with my wife.
ALWAYS park way out with 5 or 6 empty spaces around us.

Come out of the store and vehicle parked right next to us.

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/29/20 07:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I totally agree with you that a business using the most convenient spots just maybe counter productive.

X2. OP, you are not being short-sighted, snarky or anything of that nature. It's an excellent observation which many businesses should pay heed to. I do not need to park next to the door-I go to the easiest spot available. However, if a business makes it difficult for me to park then I most likely won't shop there. I guess I consider it a little disrespectful to their customers.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 02/29/20 09:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I guess I lead a pretty sheltered life because I've not seen any of that. The businesses around here leave the parking areas near the building empty so customers can park. Just common sense to me, and, apparently, to the business owners as well.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/29/20 10:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NJRVer wrote:

Yeah, what the heck is it with people.
Just the other day went to the grocery store with my wife.
ALWAYS park way out with 5 or 6 empty spaces around us.

Come out of the store and vehicle parked right next to us.

I ALWAYS park way out and see the same thing. I just finished therapy for a knee replacement and still we parked way out because the walking is a good thing, and I needed the space to swing the door completely open to get out and in. Just one time was the space left open next to me. I think that most drivers are herd animals.

garmp

St Louis, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/29/20 02:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

An establishment I used to frequent was next door to a "Curves, basically a work out place for the female persuasion. Seems all the front parking place were always taken early in the afternoon, and not from the establishment I frequented, but "Curves".
Question is why would people fight over a close parking spot to go to a work out establishment? Why not park further away, walk up to the door, not go in, turn around walk back to your car, repeat and save the membership cost?

Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/01/20 03:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As employee theft is a huge loss to employers we always had the employee parking away from the building.

2005 Cummins 2500 2WD LB quad cab pulling a 2014 Blue Ridge 3025RL

pitch

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/01/20 06:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bucky wrote:

As employee theft is a huge loss to employers we always had the employee parking away from the building.

I would think that firing the thieves and doing a better job of screening candidates would be much more effective.
Your solution is kind of like closing the gate after the cows got out!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Who's the shortsighted one here
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.