Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: hand sanitizer scarcity
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

 > hand sanitizer scarcity

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
rbtglove

Beavercreek OH

Senior Member

Joined: 10/08/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 03/11/20 08:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our local Target store had a lot of hand sanitizer for sale yesterday for $1.47.


Bob/Beavercreek OH
2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ/Trail Lite 8230

mr. ed

Tucson AZ

Senior Member

Joined: 02/06/2002

View Profile



Posted: 03/11/20 09:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I remember, when living in NY years ago (perhaps 50 or 60) There was a toilet paper shortage scare put out by some news source. Turned out it was bogus but local markets were being cleaned out of TP by panicked buyers.


Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)


opnspaces

San Diego Ca

Senior Member

Joined: 12/22/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/12/20 01:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Old-Biscuit wrote:

bid_time wrote:

I'd drink the liquor, and wash my hands with soap and quit worrying about it.


Great response!!

Wash your hands with soap/water is not only effective but what everyone should be doing in first place.


TP...that will be next item to be hoarded.


TP is already being hoarded. I was curious so I went to my local Costco and watched the carts coming out of the store. Yes I admit sometimes I have too much time on my hands.
Most of the carts had either 2 packs of TP, or 2 packs of paper towels, or 2 flats of water, or a combination of the three.

Even better story. My friend who owns a preschool went to Costco 45 minutes before opening to try to get some TP. There were already 20 people before her waiting in a line for the store to open. When the door rolled up people actually ran for the TP. Even with a limit of two per person, It took all of 7 minutes and the pallet load was empty.


2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton
2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH
1986 Coleman Columbia Popup.

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

Senior Member

Joined: 09/14/2003

View Profile



Posted: 03/12/20 07:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm between three small town Walmart stores so we frequent all of them depending on things we need from other type stores that one town or the other may have.
Non have had shelves sold out of anything.

Like one store mgr says "we have maybe 25-30 bottles of hand sanitizers on our shelves in a town with 21000 population. So it wouldn't take 20-30 people long to empty our shelves".
Now a big city with several hundred thousand or even several million population could empty shelves in one store quick even if one person bought one bottle of anything.


"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Fizz

Ottawa, Canada

Senior Member

Joined: 07/28/2003

View Profile



Posted: 03/12/20 07:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

From a friend wintering in Mexico...">][image]

Fizz

Ottawa, Canada

Senior Member

Joined: 07/28/2003

View Profile



Posted: 03/12/20 07:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just back from our biggest hardware store. All the clerks stocking shelves were wearing gloves.

mr. ed

Tucson AZ

Senior Member

Joined: 02/06/2002

View Profile



Posted: 03/12/20 01:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe when toilet paper runs out there will be a run on corn cobs.

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

Senior Member

Joined: 05/14/2009

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 03/12/20 04:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Old-Biscuit wrote:

bid_time wrote:

I'd drink the liquor, and wash my hands with soap and quit worrying about it.


Great response!!

Wash your hands with soap/water is not only effective but what everyone should be doing in first place.


TP...that will be next item to be hoarded.


Already happening in these parts. That and bottled water, but what the heck hurricane season starts in less than 3 months.

mr. ed

Tucson AZ

Senior Member

Joined: 02/06/2002

View Profile



Posted: 03/20/20 12:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JIMNLIN wrote:

I'm between three small town Walmart stores so we frequent all of them depending on things we need from other type stores that one town or the other may have.
Non have had shelves sold out of anything.

Like one store mgr says "we have maybe 25-30 bottles of hand sanitizers on our shelves in a town with 21000 population. So it wouldn't take 20-30 people long to empty our shelves".
Now a big city with several hundred thousand or even several million population could empty shelves in one store quick even if one person bought one bottle of anything.


I'm not far from your you state, Oklahoma. I'm staying here in Amarillo, TX. Are you in a town near the panhandle? Maybe I should run up there and search for hand sanitizer. [emoticon]

jetboater454

Camping or home

Senior Member

Joined: 07/21/2009

View Profile






Posted: 03/20/20 04:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thomasmnile wrote:



Already happening in these parts. That and bottled water, but what the heck hurricane season starts in less than 3 months.


When the hurricane comes through,there will be toilet paper everywhere. And I don't mean in the stores. [emoticon]


2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

 > hand sanitizer scarcity
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.