Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: People suck
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> People suck

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Bowling Green, KY

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/20 07:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are places providing as 'up to date' information that is available; the CDC, WebMd,and a few others. For example, this is just a couple days old:

"Q: Are the symptoms of COVID-19 different in children than in adults?

A: No. The symptoms of COVID-19 are similar in children and adults. However, children with confirmed COVID-19 have generally presented with mild symptoms. Reported symptoms in children include cold-like symptoms, such as fever, runny nose, and cough. Vomiting and diarrhea have also been reported. It’s not known yet whether some children may be at higher risk for severe illness, for example, children with underlying medical conditions and special healthcare needs. There is much more to be learned about how the disease impacts children."

ib516

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/20 07:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here's a tip for you. People are hoarding dog food too. We went to buy some of the blue bag we buy at Costco. Sold out. We are now mixing rice in with what we have left to stretch it out until we can get another bag.

Prev: 2010 Cougar 322QBS (junk)
02 Dodge 2500 4x4 5.9L CTD 3.55
07 Dodge 3500 4x4 SRW Mega 5.9L CTD 3.73
14 Ram 2500 4x4 Crew 6.4L Hemi 4.10
06 Chevy 1500 4x4 E-Cab 3.73 5.3L
All above are sold
Current: 07 Dodge 1500 5.7L Hemi 3.55 / 2010 Jayco 17z

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/20 08:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ib516 wrote:

Here's a tip for you. People are hoarding dog food too. We went to buy some of the blue bag we buy at Costco. Sold out. We are now mixing rice in with what we have left to stretch it out until we can get another bag.

I get all my pet food,treats and meds from Chewy.com. It usually arrives in about 2 days.

2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider
Looking for a 5th wheel toyhauler

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/20 08:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think people are preparing to sequester if need be (although dozens of rolls of TP seems a bit much) and IMO - that's OK. I bought a bit of extra, shelf-stable food in case I need to stay home for 2 weeks; and fortunately, I had just ordered a large bag of dog food because I was almost out.

The person who scares me is the one yelling "This is a hoax/overhyped/blahblahblah" because that's the person who will be walking around contagious and either oblivious to the illness, or simply doesn't want to admit they were wrong :-(

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/20 08:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jetboater454 wrote:

I get all my pet food,treats and meds from Chewy.com. It usually arrives in about 2 days.

2 weeks ago, I went to order more food from Chewy, and they were out of stock on the particular food I give my dogs. I found it on Amazon, about the same price.

cewillis

Tucson, az, usa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/14/20 09:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

califasrams wrote:

God is great,
beer is good,
PEOPLE ARE CRAZY[emoticon]

Nice summary -- I heard that too somewhere --

Cal

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/14/20 11:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is a TP shortages at my local stores. Now would it make sense for me to just buy a roll or two and hope that I won't be raking up dry leaves next week?

Fizz

Ottawa, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/20 01:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wonder how long before we get a shootout at the 'TP Corral'

opnspaces

San Diego Ca

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/20 01:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yesterday I was in my local grocery store at 8 am and as expected the toilet paper aisle was bare.

Then around 10:30 am the school district announced they are closing the schools until at least Apr 3

At 3:30 I stopped by the same local grocery store to buy a some drinks for a family get together. The parking lot was full. Inside the store were long lines of people with carts full of food. Every cash register was open with a huge line which is something I have never seen in the 20 years I've been shopping there. I saw a lady with a cart completely full of frozen pizza's. A guy with a cart full of soup cans, single serving fruit cups, and granola bar type items. Every cart I looked at was full. Some I could see they were preparing for the kids being home out of school. But some seemed to be more along the lines of the world is ending and if I don't get this food now I will never be able to get food.

I want back at 10:30 PM to buy a pint of ice cream. Apparently ice cream is not a survival food as those racks were full. But a quick look around the store showed.
The toilet paper/paper towel aisle empty as expected. But also

The bread aisle empty.
All the butter and margarine empty.
The pasta aisle empty.
The frozen vegetable aisle empty.
Most of the soup cans were gone.
All the eggs gone.
Most of the frozen pizzas gone.

People seem to have really lost a sense of reality.

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton
2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH
1986 Coleman Columbia Popup.

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 03/14/20 02:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

On March 1, the day after the first coronavirus death in the United States was announced, brothers Matt and Noah Colvin set out in a silver S.U.V. to pick up some hand sanitizer. Driving around Chattanooga, Tenn., they hit a Dollar Tree, then a Walmart, a Staples and a Home Depot. At each store, they cleaned out the shelves.

[image]

Guy stuck with 17,700 bottles of hand sanitizer in his garage !

[emoticon]

2002 Chevy Express LS 3500 8.1 155" WB passenger van 3.73 posi (GT4/G80)
2003 Thor Citation 41-ZBSR 41ft TT

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> People suck
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.