Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: People suck
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> People suck

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev
Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/30/20 07:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

way2roll wrote:

Had a friend once that sauteed canned dog food with rice and said it was pretty tasty. Of course it was 3am after a party....

Years ago there was a booklet put out by a seniors organization that listed the safest pet foods for human consumption. Some well known brands were listed as being prepared and canned on the same lines used for human foods. They also gave a number of recipes and spice tips for making the food more palatable. I recall chewing on dog biscuits a few times as a kid, but I never tried canned pet food...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/20 08:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have too many eggs, gave 8 dozen to coworkers and still have 2-3 dozen in the fridge. With “16 hens a laying” we’re collecting about 1 dozen every day. We had been giving they away at church before social distancing took over. Our eggs are handled by fewer people than those sold in grocery stores.

mr. ed

Tucson AZ

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/20 07:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BCSnob wrote:

We have too many eggs, gave 8 dozen to coworkers and still have 2-3 dozen in the fridge. With “16 hens a laying” we’re collecting about 1 dozen every day. We had been giving they away at church before social distancing took over. Our eggs are handled by fewer people than those sold in grocery stores.

Nice going, BCSnob! For a while, here in Amarillo, eggs were getting as scarce as hand sanitizer (which is essentially non-existent).

Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/20 05:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dutch_12078 wrote:

Years ago there was a booklet put out by a seniors organization that listed the safest pet foods for human consumption. Some well known brands were listed as being prepared and canned on the same lines used for human foods. They also gave a number of recipes and spice tips for making the food more palatable. I recall chewing on dog biscuits a few times as a kid, but I never tried canned pet food...

We make our own dog food. Ingredients are very carefully chosen and it's prepared with the same care given to our food.

Oldest daughter came over one day, said, this smells good, can I have some? Sure... she LOVED IT

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/31/20 06:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kids, at home, have some chickens too. They were giving away many dozens at Church event for people who needed them.
Hard to mange with them staying in the pen all the time but Eagles, Hawks, foxes, coyotes are around during the day time.
One good thing is they are all natural and we don't get any ill effects from arsenic or anything else. But....eggs in every dish........

Dozer

Santa Clarita, CA

View Profile

Posted: 03/31/20 09:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've been observing people for 66 years. This is normal, where have you been? Not meant to make light of your plight.

Dozer

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> People suck
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.