Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Bye-bye Tom Brady
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Bye-bye Tom Brady

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/17/20 07:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

End of an era. Brady is leaving the Pats. Although it would have been nice to see him lead the Pats to just one more Super Bowl I can't say I'm that disappointed to see him go. Maybe, just maybe now we'll be able to get through a day without a "Tom and Gisele" story.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

RayJayco

Tampa

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/20 08:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The talk is that he is coming here. Yes, he would sell tickets, however I really don't want him here. He is the GOAT, however he is old...

Inquiring minds want to know...

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/20 12:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

None too soon.

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
On the Road Debt Free April '07
Off the road still Debt Free Jan. '14

blt2ski

Kirkland, Wa

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/20 12:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Who?!?!?what? Where?!?!???

Cloud Dancer

San Antonio and Livingston TX USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/20 12:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

He knows that he is the best at controlling a slightly deflated football. And, he brings good half-time shows for the Super Bowl. He also collects impressive rings. The only question is what does he have for wheels, and does he have a new Marathon Prevost? Also, what private jet does he own?

Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/17/20 12:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crowe wrote:

End of an era. Brady is leaving the Pats. Although it would have been nice to see him lead the Pats to just one more Super Bowl I can't say I'm that disappointed to see him go. Maybe, just maybe now we'll be able to get through a day without a "Tom and Gisele" story.

Lots of fodder, conjecture and speculation to fuel ESPN until it's seen where Brady lands. Only Brady, Bill Belechick, & Robert Kraft know for sure. What we do know:

1. This is the first time Brady is a free agent.

2. The Patriots by all reports, have only $13M in salary cap space for free agency.

3.Brady has NEVER been the highest paid QB in the league. Peculiar given his accomplishments with the Patriots.

4. Brady is old in NFL years at his position, though he is relatively undamaged in the important areas like legs and joints, and the throwing arm.

Read all the speculation on where he might go, looks like the Los Angeles Chargers and Tampa Bay have the most money to offer of any teams that wants to make a run at him. ESPN reports either team could offer him $33-37M a year in a 2 year deal. That might suit him if he plans to play until age 45.

I personally have a hard time thinking the Bucs would sign him, they need a long term QB solution, they are apparently ready to bid Jameis Winston adieu. The Glazers aren't exactly known for opening their wallets, and being a California native, Brady may well head West.

Perhaps we'll know after Wednesday. Hell, he could remain at NE, though that would take a financial miracle to make it happen. In any event, I'm quite certain he won't be eating cat food......[emoticon]

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/17/20 05:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The talk is that he is coming here.

Yup, word just came out he's going to Tampa Bay. Now YOU can deal with the never-ending Tom & Gisele stories! LOL!

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/17/20 07:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We'll take him, Gisele and all!!
I am truly shocked, but seeing as how this is based on Adam Schefter's "sources", I'll hold off celebrating til the official announcement.

Really loved the sentence in the ESPN story saying Brady could lose his first 283 starts as a Buc and would still have better stats than the entire franchise's existence. LOL.....

bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/18/20 06:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Patriot team as a whole was good enough to win with a candy butt QB. The way to beat them was to knock Brady down a few times so that he got happy feet and you were in like Flint. Even the owner is a cheater.

2005 Cummins 3500 2WD LB quad cab dually pulling a 2014 Blue Ridge 3025RL

travelnutz

West Michigan - On the Lakeshore

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/20 06:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Soooo many jealous can't walk or chew gum mouthy nimrods on this thread!!! Tom Brady DID win big time constantly and was a very superior quarterback but they haven't, hadn't, didn't, or couldn't. I'll take winners over losers anytime! Grow up little children!

A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Bye-bye Tom Brady
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.