Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Full-time RVing: Closed campgrounds
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> Closed campgrounds

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/19/20 10:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DallasSteve wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Public parks are closing because they cannot deploy maintenance crew due to their shelter-in-place and lockdown order to their personnel.

I'm not buying that explanation in the case of Florida state parks. They are going to stay open for day use. If they can stay open during the day, they could allow overnighters. If they can't keep the place maintained for overnighters, they can't do it for "day trippers" either. I think they're just doing something so they can say they're doing something without really thinking about what the best solutions are. Typical government.

Seriously, you want to ask a government employed maintenance personnel to expose themselves, and probably their family, to the virus so you can have your picnic?

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/20 02:10am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

DallasSteve wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Public parks are closing because they cannot deploy maintenance crew due to their shelter-in-place and lockdown order to their personnel.

I'm not buying that explanation in the case of Florida state parks. They are going to stay open for day use. If they can stay open during the day, they could allow overnighters. If they can't keep the place maintained for overnighters, they can't do it for "day trippers" either. I think they're just doing something so they can say they're doing something without really thinking about what the best solutions are. Typical government.

Seriously, you want to ask a government employed maintenance personnel to expose themselves, and probably their family, to the virus so you can have your picnic?

If they are open for day use...how is opening for overnight exposing them?

A lot of the govt reactions are just so they can say they did something.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2008 Copper Canyon 5er
Catalac Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and 5er

edatlanta

Jennings Ferry Campground-Camp Host, Akron, AL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/20/20 04:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am currently a host at a COE Campground and we are completely closed indefinitely. The hosts here are allowed to stay during this period, but we are definitely quarantined. It is QUIET here with zero campers and the gate locked.

Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

DallasSteve

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/20 07:23am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

DallasSteve wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

You're missing the point. They're staying open during the day so they are exposing their employees to some risk. If they can stay open for day visitors they could let the overnight campers stay, too.

Wiscampsin

Wisconsin USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/20/20 04:29pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Add Wisconsin State Parks for camping until end of April as of now. Day use areas are currently open.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> Closed campgrounds
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.