Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: RV Lifestyle: Should we be going?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Should we be going?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
cougar28

Lowell,AR USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/20 08:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've (4 couples) have had reservation at a Oklahoma State Park for 5 months for this weekend. Everyone is still going meeting there this afternoon. Our ages range from 54 to 74. One couple saying
there not afraid of catching the virus but concerned of what others think about them out and about. I don't see it's any worse than going to work or grocery shopping probably less likely of catching it. Now if it comes to a lock down that different but until then I'll camp when we can. I'm I thinking wrong?

2002 F-250 SD CC 7.3PSD Auto. XLT Short Bed 4X4 Off-Rd.Pkg.Highland Green,Westin Sportsman Grille Guard (Black) RBW Li'l Rocker Slider ,Prodigy Control Towing Jayco Eagle HT 30.5 MLOK,Handy 5er tailgate

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/20/20 09:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No, I don't you are thinking wrong. Practice the social distancing and use practice good hygiene habits. I would be a little more concerned about the older folks though. I'd also ensure no one has been around anyone who might be a high-risk carrier. I also wouldn't worry about what others think. There's also some new line of thinking from some doctors that getting out into the fresh air is a good idea. Don't congregate but walking and hiking are being recommended for both physical and mental health.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/20 10:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With this virus you shouldn't behave as though you may become infected. You should behave as though you are infected and could infect others. This is a slippery virus and symptoms manifest after you actually have it and are contagious. And it's very contagious.

Not trying to sell the hype, but people have been infecting other people before they even knew it.

Fizz

Ottawa, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/20 11:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There was a story out of Norway.
Everybody has a cabin or cottage away from the cities and people were sheltering. The local authorities told them to all go home. The small community hospitals cannot handle a surge, it they get hit.

STAY HOME

DFord

Near St Louis, MO

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/20 12:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

We're in uncharted waters right now and the best defense is avoiding contact with others as much as possible. If you're like the rest of us, you're in the high risk group that has the most problems if you come down with it. It's nothing to fool around with.

It's a lot better to be safe than to be sorry - or dead.
Listen to the doctors recommendations!

Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

PA12DRVR

Back in God's Country

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/20 12:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As you're in the high-risk category, I'd be pretty careful about exposure and would probably decide not to go based on the risk of getting it.

While opinions vary, and just for the record mine is that there is an unfortunate amount of hype in the virus reporting and that there are some poorly-thought-through consequences to the CDC's actions, I'd still skip going strictly as a precautionary measure to avoid the disease.

CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/20 01:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2roll wrote:

With this virus you shouldn't behave as though you may become infected. You should behave as though you are infected and could infect others. This is a slippery virus and symptoms manifest after you actually have it and are contagious. And it's very contagious.

Kinda' what some Italians on the street are saying in interviews now. Their wishing now they had taken the virus more seriously.
Just watched the POTUS medical people in the noon briefing say COVID-19 virus is three times as contagious as the flu bug.

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 03/20/20 04:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would say do not share a table. You can share a campfire with one couple at each of the 4 Major points (12:00 3:00 6:00 9:00) as the fire should put distance between you but... Myself. I'm cuddling my cat and he does not like the great outdoors.. He loves the great indoors though.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/21/20 03:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My opinion:
Don't assume because the numbers are low, in any given area, that the Covid-19 germs aren't around. A lot of areas haven't had test kits. Florida went from zero to 658 cases in less than a week.

Think of all the points of contact between your home and the RV park: gas station, grocery store, park entrance - even the power pedestal.

If you can deal with all that safely - go for it? And be prepared to leave early when the parks close like they have for others states.

udidwht

Seattle

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/21/20 10:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Silly to close RV parks. Given they arent any less safe than apartment/condo community.

1994 Fleetwood Southwind Storm
P-30 chassis 7.4L 454 TBI 58,301 miles and counting....(as of 06/08/19)
VIN# 1GBJP37N4R3314754

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Should we be going?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.