Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: coronavirus...put it into perspective
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> coronavirus...put it into perspective

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev  |  Next
babock

Los Angeles, CA

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/20 05:54pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

troubledwaters wrote:

babock wrote:

They should have a chart, based on time, how many people are still in denial! What I am reading in this thread is pretty remarkable.
The other side of the coin is that you're just gullible to media bloviating, while the rest of us are more pragmatic.
Yeah...those darn media outlets like the CVC and WHO.

Like I said...denial.

RambleOnNW

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/22/20 06:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Actions make a difference
Kentucky and Tennessee started out with the same number of cases: 1.
Kentucky was proactive whereas Tennessee was not.
Now today (3/22) Kentucky has 99 cases, Tennessee has 505.

Kentucky vs Tennessee on coronavirus cases

2006 Jayco 28', E450 6.8L V10, Bilstein HDs,
Roadmaster Anti-Sway Bars, Blue Ox TigerTrak

wilber1

Abbotsford B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/20 06:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

troubledwaters wrote:

babock wrote:

They should have a chart, based on time, how many people are still in denial! What I am reading in this thread is pretty remarkable.
The other side of the coin is that you're just gullible to media bloviating, while the rest of us are more pragmatic.

The other side of the coin is the military taking bodies to mass burial sites because mortuaries can't keep up with the numbers, as they are doing now in Italy.

"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Bionic Man

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/20 07:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Keep you head in the sand if you want. But I'd bet you won't be able to forever.

My 56 year old sister has symptoms consistent with COVID19. She isn't sick enough to go in and be tested, and is self quarantining at home. Hopefully she doesn't get worse.

I spoke with a hunting buddy of mine in North Dakota. 3 of the 4 in their household have tested positive for COVID19. His daughter (positive) is special needs and was already on a ventilator. I'm very worried about her prognosis.

Some have talked about only quarantining those displaying symptoms. The problem with that is the incubation period is somewhere between 5 - 14 days where the individual is asympotamtic. That is why it is believed that each infected individual will infect 2-3 others.

The problem is real, and will likely have a direct impact on everyone in the US.

2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

TomG2

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/20 07:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Everybody" knows that Obama and Hillary started this whole pandemic thing to embarrass our President.
Most of my buddies are in their seventies. We will be neither red nor blue if and when it gets us.
Young people are not immune to it and many are not "Breezing" through it, no matter their political beliefs. It is not a condemnation of our President to take it seriously.

Fizz

Ottawa, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/20 07:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Distribution map

free radical

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/20 08:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In China its mandatory for everyone to wear special protective mask when outside.
Maybe we should do the same here just to be safe.

https://youtu.be/PlSQmob6Xbc

Problem is I couldnt find these masks anywhere even Amazon is completely sold out so I wear simple painters dust mask when going shoping,its better then nothing.

free radical

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/20 09:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How to use mask properly

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases........ice-for-public/when-and-how-to-use-masks

T18skyguy

Eugene, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/22/20 09:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just lost a colleague to this virus. He was a big strong healthy man of 58. Unfortunately, he made conversation with someone who had just returned from that infected cruise. He went from fever, to intubation, to ECMO, and near the end they had him on 5 pressors to try and support his blood pressure. To those of you in medicine, you know when your on 5 pressor's your done. We know the people who are immunocompromised, but what we don't know is how strong our own immune system is until it really has to deal with something serious. Yes it's better to be young, but this disease is also killing young people. It's a wild card how strong each of our immune systems are. I wish everybody in the RV world a special strong immune system, plus a little luck won't hurt.

Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. 2017 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS. Wife and daughter. Three cats which we must obey.

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 03/22/20 11:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Twq different approaches.
Not hard to figure out which one works.
https://www.wsls.com/features/2020/03/18........results-couldnt-have-been-more-opposite/

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> coronavirus...put it into perspective
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.