Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Can You Pass Through States with Stay at Home Orders?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Can You Pass Through States with Stay at Home Orders?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev  |  Next
Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/24/20 09:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

HadEnough wrote:

Thanks for the information.

I have an underlying health issue with lungs that means I'll be one of the dead ones if I catch it. So, I'll be making this trip without human contact. I don't even plan to take change back from the toll booths And will wear my construction respirator at any time I'm outside like to pump fuel.

Probably going to wear disposable gloves outside too AND remove them after being outside the vehicle as well as wash hands.

I have 2 dear friends who have reason to fear this virus, too - so my prayers are with you.
A hint that I read: when pumping gas, use dog poop bags over your hand! Much cheaper than gloves and easily disposed-of. Here in Florida, the toll booths are unmanned now - they will take a picture of your plate and send you a bill; or you can make note of the toll plaza and time, and pay online for a cheaper rate

ajriding

st clair

View Profile

Posted: 03/24/20 09:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are no restrictions on returning home.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/24/20 09:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ok, at least a few of you haven’t freaked out....thanks AJ and doggy Doo bag suggestion person.
The rest of you.....open your curtains, crawl out from under your beds, go take a drive, call a place ahead of time if you think they might be closed....etc.
But snap out of it!!!
Sound like my MIL, called balling her eyes out yesterday because her daughter ( my wife) is in WA!!! She don’t care about me n the kids, but that’s a different story.

Wake up and chill out! Proces the info, don’t be part of the problem when it comes to paranoia.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

wnjj

Cornelius, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 03/24/20 09:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hondavalk wrote:

From the article,
"Those in jail for probation violations and low-level crimes — fourth-degree, disorderly persons or petty disorderly persons offenses — will be released Thursday." No felons. While not state wide many communities in Ohio are doing the same thing.

Our county jail did the same here in Oregon.

bikendan

Camano Island, Wash.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/24/20 11:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JimK-NY wrote:

azdryheat wrote:

They've taken hundreds to jail for violating the stay at home orders. If I were you I wouldn't chance it. Bypass Delaware and any other state that will confine you for being out and about. Better yet, stay in Florida.

There is always one scumbag who wants to spread rumors and lies and upset others. I should probably use a more correct internet term: "troll".

This is just disgusting when people are panicky, upset and trying to decide what they should or can do.

He's pretty well known for stuff like this. That's why we long time members just ignore his posts.

Dan- Firefighter, Retired">, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur">, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP">), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

magicbus

Nantucket Island, MA

View Profile

Posted: 03/24/20 11:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Deb and Ed M wrote:

A hint that I read: when pumping gas, use dog poop bags over your hand! Much cheaper than gloves and easily disposed-of.
Finally, some really useful information.

Thank you for this tip, seriously! A friend gave me a few pairs of disposable gloves but they are a PITA to put on and getting them off leads to more touching of skin. Poop bags are perfect because they provide great protection (as any dog owner knows) and yet can easily slip on and then off into a trash can. Plus I have 100 rolls that are easy to carry!

Dave

Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

Horsedoc

Dixie --- N. Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 03/24/20 11:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

az is not nearly as funny as he wishes he was.

horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

joelc

Cedar Point, NC

View Profile

Posted: 03/24/20 01:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't know, but is it worth contacting a carrier and getting sick. Life is short. This will pass eventually.

HadEnough

Traveling. Always.

View Profile

Posted: 03/24/20 02:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

joelc wrote:

Don't know, but is it worth contacting a carrier and getting sick. Life is short. This will pass eventually.

That’s kind of why we want to do it.

So we don’t have contact with people

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/24/20 04:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry to those who can't take some humor. This virus has scared far too many people (snowflakes?). Were you all this scared in 2009 when the H1N1 killed 12,468 people in the US and there were 60 million reported cases? As I recall nothing much happened during that pandemic, no panic, no empty store shelves, no stay at home orders, no closed businesses, no nothing. Yet this new virus comes along, which isn't a fraction as deadly as the H1N1 and everyone is losing their minds. Maybe we've gotten too soft.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2011 Harley Ultra Limited
2016 RZR 900

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Can You Pass Through States with Stay at Home Orders?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.