Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Can You Pass Through States with Stay at Home Orders?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Can You Pass Through States with Stay at Home Orders?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev  |  Next
mgirardo

Brunswick, GA

View Profile

Posted: 03/24/20 07:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mich800 wrote:

Do you need to bring the rv? Just drive through and get on the boat.

RV storage will most likely be a problem, especially that close to NYC. Although the storage center may be open for people to access their units, there may not be anyone there to set you up. You may get lucky and they can do everything over the phone or online, but NJ has shutdown all non-essential business. I don't know if self storage is considered essential business. I know the RV dealership that we bought our last 2 RVs from in Southern NJ has closed at least until the end of March.

Yes, I live in GA, but all my family is in NJ (mostly southern NJ) and I lived in NJ most of my life.

-Michael

Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

wanderingaimlessly

SOBOVA

View Profile

Posted: 03/24/20 07:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If, this is true about jail folks for driving through a state under "stay at home orders" is true, it's another great example of govt silliness. Those same states governments are calling for releasing felons because jails and prisons are too dangerous due to the virus, so the cure is to put more people in there.

HadEnough

Traveling. Always.

View Profile

Posted: 03/24/20 07:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mich800 wrote:

HadEnough wrote:

ford truck guy wrote:

as of now... DE, SE PA, ( Philly and lemon its surrounding areas) NJ, NY are all " shelter in place" . . I am sure you can travel through, as the highways are still open. BUT the question is, will anything be open once yi get there.. The part of NJ your speaking of has been hit real hard . . .

I don’t really need anything to be open when I arrive. Just the highway. I pull off the highway into the marina and it’s electronic access to get to the boat. There are no people involved. The only hitch might be if the RV storage place is no longer open.

That’s exactly what we are thinking at this point. We can store it down here in Florida and take the pickup by itself. Truck camper, so we could detach it and leave it behind. It will be a rough drive. About 20 hours. Can’t sleep at a hotel in between with all of our stuff in the back of the pick up truck or it will probably be gone in the morning.

mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 03/24/20 08:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

HadEnough wrote:

mich800 wrote:

HadEnough wrote:

ford truck guy wrote:

as of now... DE, SE PA, ( Philly and lemon its surrounding areas) NJ, NY are all " shelter in place" . . I am sure you can travel through, as the highways are still open. BUT the question is, will anything be open once yi get there.. The part of NJ your speaking of has been hit real hard . . .

I don’t really need anything to be open when I arrive. Just the highway. I pull off the highway into the marina and it’s electronic access to get to the boat. There are no people involved. The only hitch might be if the RV storage place is no longer open.

That’s exactly what we are thinking at this point. We can store it down here in Florida and take the pickup by itself. Truck camper, so we could detach it and leave it behind. It will be a rough drive. About 20 hours. Can’t sleep at a hotel in between with all of our stuff in the back of the pick up truck or it will probably be gone in the morning.

Would it be too much attention just to leave it in the truck parked in the marina?

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/24/20 08:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

azdryheat wrote:

They've taken hundreds to jail for violating the stay at home orders. If I were you I wouldn't chance it. Bypass Delaware and any other state that will confine you for being out and about. Better yet, stay in Florida.

There is always one scumbag who wants to spread rumors and lies and upset others. I should probably use a more correct internet term: "troll".

This is just disgusting when people are panicky, upset and trying to decide what they should or can do.

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/24/20 08:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wanderingaimlessly wrote:

If, this is true about jail folks for driving through a state under "stay at home orders" is true, it's another great example of govt silliness. Those same states governments are calling for releasing felons because jails and prisons are too dangerous due to the virus, so the cure is to put more people in there.

Being locked up for driving on the highway is UNTRUE... FAKE NEWS..

the prisoners however - - article

another - article

AND they think the prisoners will listen to the MANDATORY self quarantine for 14 days once being released . . [emoticon]

The funny thing in that they think all who are released will be rounded back up and put back in at the end of this... [emoticon]

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

NJRVer

NJ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/24/20 08:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wanderingaimlessly wrote:

Well it is NOT true.

And NJ is NOT releasing felons.

They are releasing disorderly conduct low level county jail prisoners. They are only ok'ing them on an individual basis.
These are people who got sentences for drunk and disorderly conduct and those type of crimes.

Hondavalk

Toledo

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/24/20 08:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

From the article,
"Those in jail for probation violations and low-level crimes — fourth-degree, disorderly persons or petty disorderly persons offenses — will be released Thursday." No felons. While not state wide many communities in Ohio are doing the same thing.

HadEnough

Traveling. Always.

View Profile

Posted: 03/24/20 08:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mich800 wrote:

HadEnough wrote:

mich800 wrote:

HadEnough wrote:

ford truck guy wrote:

Would it be too much attention just to leave it in the truck parked in the marina?

Yes. It’s my only vehicle. They yell at me all the time about it. They don’t like it parked there.

Campfire Time

Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 03/24/20 09:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Naio wrote:

Dutch_12078 wrote:

Our RV is our home, but we are slowly heading north to our upstate NY family cottage where we'll hunker down for awhile until things settle down. We're currently near Savannah, GA and are not concerned at all about passing through the seven states we'll traverse on our way to NY from Florida. Since we'll be calling the cottage "home" for this purpose, if asked, we'll just say we can't obey a stay home order until we get home.

This is why so many people are going to die unnecessarily in the US. We've been raised all our lives to think that our country is the exception to everything, and that we as individuals are exceptions to every rule.

[emoticon] Huh? I don't understand. They are traveling alone, evidently not mingling with people. They are going to a cottage to be alone. How much better of social distancing can you get? How are people going to die unnecessarily because they are actually staying away from others? Something to think about when you stand in line for a pack of TP with 1000 other people breathing on you.

Chuck D.
“Adventure is just bad planning.” - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid, 2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Can You Pass Through States with Stay at Home Orders?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.