Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Cummins Onan P2500I Inverter Portable Generator
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > Cummins Onan P2500I Inverter Portable Generator

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Ron3rd

Upland, CA USA

Senior Member

Joined: 03/22/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/07/20 04:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

Ron3rd wrote:

If you want something cheaper than Honda and Yamaha just buy a Champion. They're proven have parts available and good support.

Do they make a quiet unit? All the Champions I've camped near are the loud contractor units.


Yes they make loud contractors generators. Many campgrounds don't even allow those as they're basically as loud as a lawnmower.


We're talking about inverter generators here. Huge difference in sound level and price.


2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

dedmiston

So Cal

Moderator

Joined: 01/26/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 05/07/20 06:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ron3rd wrote:

dedmiston wrote:

Ron3rd wrote:

If you want something cheaper than Honda and Yamaha just buy a Champion. They're proven have parts available and good support.

Do they make a quiet unit? All the Champions I've camped near are the loud contractor units.


Yes they make loud contractors generators. Many campgrounds don't even allow those as they're basically as loud as a lawnmower.


We're talking about inverter generators here. Huge difference in sound level and price.


Good to know.

90% of my camping is boondocking and I've never seen a quiet Champion gen before. If you're in our group and you have a Champion, you have to park on the outer outer outer ring so we won't have to listen to you.


2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230



Braces

Alabama

Full Member

Joined: 09/26/2016

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 05/09/20 06:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My 8 yr old Honda 2000 Will run my 15,000 AC with MicroAire Easy Start.

Ron3rd

Upland, CA USA

Senior Member

Joined: 03/22/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/10/20 09:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

Ron3rd wrote:

dedmiston wrote:

Ron3rd wrote:

If you want something cheaper than Honda and Yamaha just buy a Champion. They're proven have parts available and good support.

Do they make a quiet unit? All the Champions I've camped near are the loud contractor units.


Yes they make loud contractors generators. Many campgrounds don't even allow those as they're basically as loud as a lawnmower.


We're talking about inverter generators here. Huge difference in sound level and price.


Good to know.

90% of my camping is boondocking and I've never seen a quiet Champion gen before. If you're in our group and you have a Champion, you have to park on the outer outer outer ring so we won't have to listen to you.


They don't have an inverter type Champion then which costs several times as much. Champion inverter generators are in the same league as Honda and Yamaha in terms of sound. My daughter found a Champion 3400 watt inverter generator with remote electric start online a couple years ago for $999 with no tax and free shipping. It's a very nice generator but too heavy for my 63 year old back to lift. I putt along with my 16 year old Honda EU2000 that does everything I need.

What you see a lot of in So Cal with the kids who boondock out in the dessert is the 4500 watt $299 Home Depot special. They're blasting loud music all day so it really doesn't matter. No private campground around here will allow those. Unfortunately the States campgrounds don't care and you'll run into those from time to time.

cummins2014

Utah

Senior Member

Joined: 02/20/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 05/10/20 09:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Braces wrote:

My 8 yr old Honda 2000 Will run my 15,000 AC with MicroAire Easy Start.


Thats something I have never heard ,the 2000 running a 15 AC , I know the easy starts help, but never read where a Honda 2000 would handle it .

dedmiston

So Cal

Moderator

Joined: 01/26/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 05/10/20 02:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ron3rd wrote:

What you see a lot of in So Cal with the kids who boondock out in the dessert is the 4500 watt $299 Home Depot special. They're blasting loud music all day so it really doesn't matter. No private campground around here will allow those. Unfortunately the States campgrounds don't care and you'll run into those from time to time.

Kids? Wow. Generalize much?

Anyway, I get what you're saying about the different levels of quality and functionality. Message received.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > Cummins Onan P2500I Inverter Portable Generator
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.