Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: What meal to cook next
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> What meal to cook next

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
docsouce

Seekonk Ma.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/03/20 09:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well we're beginning to run out of ideas. Pretty much have been cooking up our favorite "on the road" meals. Starting to get a bit boring.
Here is our list: Hamburg/mash potatoes/veg/gravy, Pork Chops/pasta/veg/with or without gravy, Pasta with meat sauce, Pot roast, Beef stew, Chicken/Turkey/mash potatoes,veg,gravy, and chix/turkey soup.
Variations of the above... Didn't list sandwiches or breakfast, just main meals. We have access to the grocery store and plenty of time..
As always suggestions are greatly appreciated.

2016 Thor Freedom Elite 22e
Just right for the two of us!

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/20 09:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Baking some cod today covered with butter and toasted sliced almonds along with shrimp and a vegetable medley ( cauliflower broccoli and carrots).

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/20 09:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So far this week; Grilled shrimp with sauteed garlic and kale, grilled NY strip with baked potato, Gnocchi, and last night was breakfast for dinner - scrambled eggs, waffles and hash browns. I think tonight is blackened Salmon and roasted brussel sprouts with a balsamic glaze.

Next week, who knows. One night will be pizza from scratch.

navigator2346

texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/20 10:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I didn't see steak on the list. Nothing beats a good rib eye, medium rare

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/03/20 10:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Spaghetti or lasagna. Salmon cakes, saw a great recipe for them just yesterday that adds mayonnaise, cornmeal, diced onion to canned salmon. And here's my mother's recipe for a fabulous ham loaf that was the wows for our extended family over the holidays.

Dot Corbin’s Ham Loaf Recipe

1 lb cured ham, ground
1 lb fresh ham, ground
1-1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp tapioca
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 eggs

Beat all together. You can mix this & let stand overnight in the refrigerator. Shape into a loaf, top with a pineapple ring and a maraschino cherry, cover with the sauce below & baste a couple times while baking in a moderate oven for 2 hours.

sauce

1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 Tablespoon dry mustard

And have you tried the famous 2 ingredient pizza crust? Makes a great pizza, if you just throw on some canned pizza sauce, a few toppings and some cheese. (BTW, does NOT taste like yogurt. Makes a really pleasant tasting pizza dough that nobody will ever guess is not regular pizza dough.)

1 cup Greek yogurt
1to 1-1/2 cups self-rising flour (or 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1-1/2 tsp baking powder and 3/4 tsp salt)

Mix in a bowl until it starts to come together, then knead it on a well-floured surface for 8-10 minutes. Add a wee bit of flour if the dough is too sticky, form to pizza shape and size you want, brush with olive oil, toppings, and bake for 10-12 minutes at 450°F.

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/03/20 11:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Chili, BLTs, stir fry (chx or beef, pea pods, peppers, peanuts, sauce and can use frying pan), pepper steak subs

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

Bowling Green, KY

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/20 11:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pizza, pizza, pizza, and more pizza. Has meat, veggies, etc. [emoticon]

DrewE

Vermont

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/20 12:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pulled pork--very easy in a crock pot. Take the cheapest chunk/roast of pork you can find (that fits in your crock pot), finely chop an onion or two, and cover them with ginger ale. Slow cook for eight hours or so. Dump the contents into a strainer or collander, put the meat in a big bowl, and pull it apart with a couple of forks, of course discarding any bones or obvious big blobs of fat but most of that melts away into the liquid. Mix in some barbecue sauce or whatever sauce you want, pop it back in the crock pot, and heat through for an hour or two. Delicious! Lots of great leftovers for sandwhiches or mac and cheese or whatever.

Cooking a sort of hotdish on the stovetop with rice and whatever meat/seafood/vegetables are handy is another easy meal. In a large frypan or, preferably, a saute pan (sligthly deeper with more vertical sides and a lid), stir-fry your meat and firmer vegetables (and onions if you like) until at least partly done. Add a cup of rice, two cups of water, a bullion cube, seasonings, and other veggies, bring to a boil, cover, and simmer on low heat for fifteen minutes. All the flavors kind of meld together somewhat. Most recently I used chicken, part of a leek, a tomato, some broccoli, half a jalapeño (it was a pretty hot one), and peas, if memory serves.

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/20 12:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Shrimp. Any thing to do with shrimp.

2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider
Looking for a 5th wheel toyhauler

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/20 01:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sharp cheddar melted on Costco 12 grain bread.
Genuine albacore on french bread
Méxican chorizo done right. In the microwave atop six layers of paper towels.
Simple corn chowder. Frozen corn. Idahoan potato flakes mixed thick.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> What meal to cook next
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.