Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: What meal to cook next
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> What meal to cook next

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
donfla

home

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/20 04:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Made a great crockpot roast today and the key my MIL taught us many years ago was heavy seasoning and a good sear and have been having good luck using high heat grapeseed oil.

[image]

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/18/20 07:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've been eating my cooking for too many weeks - last week we splurged and picked up a couple of Dominos pizzas. Words can't descibe how incredibly-delicious a 2-item pizza can be when you haven't had it for weeks....LOL!

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/18/20 11:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We'll we're home for a week or two and I'd rather catch a fish than eat one or anything else right now. My britches are a bit tight after sitting in a Mh for fe months and here for last couple of weeks. So under cover of darkness, mayhaps I will sneak to the lake and fish from some shore lines with lots or trees.
No Doronavirus nor state gonna keep me down wo ho yea yeah. there's supposed tobe a tune here but I've been feeding so heavy I have lost it.
I hope I never see another hamburger, pizza, or KFC. I might consider divorcng anyone who serves me any more left overs too.

mr. ed

Tucson AZ

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/20 12:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jebby14 wrote:

You guys are getting me with the lamb. i love it. wife not so much and its expensive and not that great at the stores i have available right now.

I remember while growing up in NY, my mother's method of roasting leg of lamb. She would make knife cuts all over the leg and stick garlic in each cut. I liked eating it with mint jelly,but don't know if it's still available.

Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

goreds2

OH H ..... EYE OH !

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/20 12:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had a fried bologna sandwich for lunch today. Had not had that for awhile. Like mine with onions and mayo.

See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

Redcatcher70

Beebe, AR

View Profile

Posted: 04/21/20 03:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cooked some Cornish hens on the pellet grill the other day. Potato salad, green beans and corn. Fresh sliced strawberries for dessert, yum yum....

Dave & Pat
2008 Hi-Lo 19T
2004 F250, XLT Crew Cab, V10, finally, enough power!
"No kids, no pets, made it to retirement"

donfla

home

View Profile

Posted: 04/27/20 07:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have been getting more fast food and takeout the last couple of weeks than I would like to admit but have to say most of it has been good. Last night we made a Cuban picadillo that was really good!

delongtrevor

USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/20 08:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like pork steaks with carrots cooked in teriyaki sauce, and I can't imagine what could be better. However, I can say that Chinese noodles with chicken take second place on my list of favorite meals. But finding good chicken is a challenge for me. Well, a couple of months ago, I took a food intolerance test in this lab https://www.intolerancelab.co.uk. I felt constantly tired, so I decided to find the reason behind this. This is how I found out that I am allergic to antibiotics that are usually added to chicken for its rapid growth. So I spend a lot of effort to find a free-range chicken that is raised naturally.

* This post was edited 05/01/20 08:37am by delongtrevor *

luv2tup

On The Road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/29/20 04:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tonight, I'm grilling sable fish with green & yellow courgettes, baby carrots and garlic mashed potatoes. We eat fish about 3 or 4 times a week, grilled whenever possible and always fresh vegetables.

donfla

home

View Profile

Posted: 05/01/20 07:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's interesting Delongtrevor and will read more about it. Once things return to normal I had already planned on being allergy tested because of sinus problems and what I suspect is an egg allergy.

Fish was sounding good here too. We made salmon with roasted broccoli and cauliflower last night with leftovers for lunch today. For a recent lunch date in the car we had Cuban takeout from our favorite place and it was perfection as usual.

[image]
[image]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> What meal to cook next
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.