Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Should/will Glacier, Teton and Yellowstone open?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Should/will Glacier, Teton and Yellowstone open?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 13  
Prev  |  Next
2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/20 07:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

troubledwaters wrote:

2oldman wrote:

valhalla360 wrote:

Decisions have largely been made based on political WILL and the media has been doing everything possible to whip up hysteria and that drives the political will.
Why is it always the media's fault?
Because they're the ones creating and perpetuating the hysteria?
How? By reporting what's going on?? They're the messenger. You don't want to know what's happening? I don't follow this constant media-bashing 'logic' .

troubledwaters

Potomac

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/20 07:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JimK-NY wrote:

troubledwaters wrote:

..... Basing what is going to happen in the rest of this country upon what is happening in NYC isn't realistic.

The predictions are that this virus is spreading and will continue to spread like a wildfire in a wind storm. It can spread rapidly from people who show no symptoms and never know they are carriers. A 6 foot social isolation zone is a Minimum and no guarantee of safety. Most of us are in strict isolation, now wearing masks and not handling groceries or even US mail. I try to keep a 20-30 foot distance from others. What do you think would happen with millions of visitors in visitor centers, using campground bathrooms, touching gas pump handles, or even walking nearby others on trails? A you going to hand your credit card or pass to a entrance station ranger and then just put it in your pocket? Some people have no idea what is happening and what is headed their way.
Reread your first sentence. Predictions don't matter, only facts. The facts remain to be seen.

troubledwaters

Potomac

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/20 08:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

troubledwaters wrote:

2oldman wrote:

valhalla360 wrote:

Decisions have largely been made based on political WILL and the media has been doing everything possible to whip up hysteria and that drives the political will.
Why is it always the media's fault?
Because they're the ones creating and perpetuating the hysteria?
How? By reporting what's going on?? They're the messenger. You don't want to know what's happening? I don't follow this constant media-bashing 'logic' .
There a difference between reporting news and giving opinions. Huntley-Brinkley reported news they ain't been around for a long time.

2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/20 08:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

troubledwaters wrote:

There a difference between reporting news and giving opinions.
Ok, cite an opinion a news outlet has given about this that's creating hysteria.

troubledwaters

Potomac

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/20 08:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2oldman wrote:

troubledwaters wrote:

There a difference between reporting news and giving opinions.
Ok, cite an opinion a news outlet has given about this that's creating hysteria.
There is no such thing as a "News Outlet". But I'll play your silly game - how about the proclaiming 2.2 million people were going to die. Lets see in the end how that turns out.

2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/20 08:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

troubledwaters wrote:

But I'll play your silly game -
bye.

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/04/20 08:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

troubledwaters wrote:

JimK-NY wrote:

troubledwaters wrote:

..... Basing what is going to happen in the rest of this country upon what is happening in NYC isn't realistic.

The predictions are that this virus is spreading and will continue to spread like a wildfire in a wind storm. .....
Reread your first sentence. Predictions don't matter, only facts. The facts remain to be seen.

OK, let me change that. We are seeing this virus spread like a wildfire in a wind storm.

Here are some more facts to consider.

An asymptomatic carrier can infect countless people quickly.

We are not China. People have more freedom and the government less ability. There is no way we seem able to track down infected individuals and their contacts.

We are not China. We avoided SARS. The Chinese got hit and learned to take precautions.

The virus is transmitted by viral particles in droplets and aerosols from breathing and coughing. Aerosols can hang in the air for long periods of time. They can settle on hard surfaces and be infectious hours or even days later. You do not need to breath in the virus. Touching a contaminated surface and then your face is sufficient.

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/20 09:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have reservations at an RV park near Glacier for the third weekend in July, to attend a Hamfest. So far, the reservations have not been cancelled, nor have the hamfest organizers cancelled the hamfest.
We are in "wait and see" mode...

CM1, USN (RET)
2002 Fleetwood Southwind 32V, Ford V10
Daily Driver: '06 PT Cruiser Turbo
Toad: '05 Wrangler Unlimited
Toy: 1999 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, Auto, 4X4
Other toys: 2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/20 09:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since older folks are the hardest hit, they should be wise enough to take even more precautions and not affect the rest of the country as much.
I’m good with the social distancing for the most part but think it’s going overboard a bit now. However rules and regs have to be applicable to the lowest common denominator of society and our “risk” for those that don’t live in population dense areas and have outdoor jobs or limited outside interaction or greater than sweater weather IQ are less at risk.
Nursing homes? Idk, if you’re there, your number is almost up anyways. Sounds cruel but it pained me to see my grandma and others in the nursing home and I wished for her, as she did as well (we talked about it when she was coherent enough), that she would die. One good case of covid would have spared her years of dimentia and agony.
Promoting healthy lifestyles and medical advancements are great for longevity of life, but postponing the inevitable for many who’s race is already run, is a part of the drain on our economy too.
If I’m 80 sitting in a nursing home, I’ll hope something pulls my plug for me.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Ductape

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/20 09:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As of this date 7,xxx deaths and 7xx,xxx unemployed. The first is a trailing indicator of what happened weeks ago. The second is a leading indicator as the unemployment filing systems have been completely overwhelmed and many more are out of work and have not filed.

Put 100 people out of work and how many premature deaths result from that?

49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 13  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Should/will Glacier, Teton and Yellowstone open?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.