Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: And Texas Caves In
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> And Texas Caves In

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 77  
Prev  |  Next
TomG2

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/20 11:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Every child born today, except the ones with rich parents, are deeply in debt thanks to politicians that think "Debt is great" and "I will balance the budget in 2034".

Lwiddis

Mono Basin National Forest Scenic Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/17/20 11:37am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

“What would Texas' tragic count be if there was no "stay at home" bandwagon or Texans ignored it?”

"Unfortunately we will never know. But I do know that this virus will spread no matter what we do. We cannot control nature, despite what some may think!"

Unfortunately, Dodge Guy, yes.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/20 11:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

tomman58 wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Do you y'all understand 90% of the workforce is STILL WORKING!!!

So that tells me to keeping your distance and practicing personal hygiene and wearing a mask with the people working is working. So get yer asses back to work!!!

90% eh where did you get those stats???? I'm thinking somewhere between 25 and 30% but that is a "guess".

Us Labor statistics. 1/1/2020 164,606,000 workforce. Out of work now 22,000,000. Percentage of workforce out of work = .13%

87% of workforce is still working based on latest numbers.

BETTER ??????
Once again those pesky facts just keep ruining arguments made purely out of emotion. This is the internet afterall, facts shouldn't be allowed.

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/20 11:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

And about the defect in modeling; I thought the outcome was predicted based on how people where acting. Change the actions, the outcome will change.

Nope; that's incorrect. How people were going to act was plugged and factored into the model.

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/20 12:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

westernrvparkowner wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

tomman58 wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Do you y'all understand 90% of the workforce is STILL WORKING!!!

So that tells me to keeping your distance and practicing personal hygiene and wearing a mask with the people working is working. So get yer asses back to work!!!

90% eh where did you get those stats???? I'm thinking somewhere between 25 and 30% but that is a "guess".

Us Labor statistics. 1/1/2020 164,606,000 workforce. Out of work now 22,000,000. Percentage of workforce out of work = .13%

87% of workforce is still working based on latest numbers.

BETTER ??????
Once again those pesky facts just keep ruining arguments made purely out of emotion. This is the internet afterall, facts shouldn't be allowed.

Can we talk about "MY FEELINGS" [emoticon]

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

schlep1967

Harrisburg, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/17/20 12:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

schlep1967 wrote:

Texas is currently 12th in the US for number of cases 8,262 and has had 154 deaths. And 0.3% of the states population has been tested. Wait two weeks and check the numbers again. Maybe you will change your views at that time.

Above was from 4/7/2020.
4/17/2020 update - Texas has had 17,371 cases and 428 Fatalities

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
2009 Open Range 385RLS
Pull-Rite Super Glide

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/20 12:13pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is some more bad news for you doom and gloomers. This chart is from the CDC. It shows the flu season for almost 40 years of data collection. The flu season is going to end in very short order according to the CDC's own data collected over a long period of time.

CV19 along with the other flu viruses will crash very soon.

[image]

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/20 12:30pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

The Dr in pic was wearing a Respirator, they are designed to protect your lungs. They have to be conformed to your nose to be efficient. Then there are dust masks pic 1 that look similar and may or may not have the metal pc to bend but they may specifically say "Not intended to protect your lungs". So look the package over to suite your needs.

No matter what you wear you should try to seal it to your face as much as possible.

So for those may sayers, I was a Construction Superintendent for many years and I was responsible for the safety of my employees. We had different types of "RESPIRATORS" that we used all depending on what we were trying to avoid getting into our lungs.

The N95 pic 2 we used for drywall and other contaminates in the air. We would use the ones with replaceable filters pic 3 for things like contact cement.

They all have to be worn properly as I mentioned. Whatever you wear make sure it conforms as tightly to your face as possible so the air you inhale is filtered.

[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

Well here is another Government Official that has his head up his AZZ. Notice metal is NOT bent to conform to his nose. GREAT example!!!

Below is MY Properly worn attire with a Folded Bounty paper towel covering my nose and mouth, per Surgeon Generals advice!

The other pic? That's my Brother. [emoticon]

[image]
[image]
[image]

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/20 01:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bid_time wrote:

JRscooby wrote:

I might of missed it, but the only reason to not have the "Shelter in Place" order is "people losing jobs". But that does not make sense, because people doing the important work are still doing it. What we really need to do is have as many people as possible stay home but protect their income
Can we add about $10,000.00 to the income tax you currently pay to pay for your "protect their income" program. Because all were doing now is putting it on the credit card for our kids and grandkids to pay. Nothing like adding another $10T to the national debt to pay for something that didn't have to go down this way.
Our kids are going to be so proud of us to leave them with this debt on top of what we already handed them.

Explain to me like I'm a 3rd grader how much better it is for the debt we pass to our grandchildren to pass out money to corporations that have been making record profits for a decade than pay it to people that work for their money, collecting a smaller wage in same dollars than where 30 years ago?
If the city in China can open after 76 days by shutting down and support the population while doing it why can't US?

And I bet most of the grandkids, if give a choice, would prefer to inherit a livable planet, but that is another discussion.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 04/17/20 01:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"If the city in China can open after 76 days by shutting down and support the population while doing it why can't US?"

You REALLY believe anything that comes out of China???

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 77  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> And Texas Caves In
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.